Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How much contribution to avoid hijack

For Red launches I know @Tehobo taught me that 1500 + 180 but what's the formula for blue and green?
Same principle, half launch points + half PEB + 1 point. We don't have odd number resources so you will use 2 points ( liquid fuel).

Blue: 1182
Green: 982

N.B: To be absolutely, full-proof, no way in hell to be hijacked you must add the 2 points. The 2 points prevents or invites hijackings.
Red: 168
Blue: 1182
Green: 982

For Red launches I know @Tehobo taught me that 1500 + 180 but what's the formula for blue and green?
@Navigata07 , @Teboho or anyone else please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong:X3::whistle:, but I’ve learned that its the same “hi-jack protection” formula :writing: for all types ... red, blue and green ... one half the total plus 180. So for red it’s 1680 ... for blue 1180 ... for green 980. (y)

@Navigata07 , @Teboho or anyone else please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong:X3::whistle:, but I’ve learned that its the same “hi-jack protection” formula :writing: for all types ... red, blue and green ... one half the total plus 180. So for red it’s 1680 ... for blue 1180 ... for green 980. (y)
True, plus 2 points then you are home free...

To be precise, the formula is given assuming you are alone with your hijacker.
It assumes that highjacker push up to have one point only remaining for the launch, and then put a PEB.

So it is like you said, the amount of point to se to be sure for not being hijacked at all.

But of course, if you are entered with a trusted friend, the formula will be different, but still the same:
The remaining point to set for one participant to reach Launch score - 1 + PEB should be lower than your own score.

Even without it, youre fine, but most will part ways with the 100 coins anyway :LOL:
I'm stressing the 2 point because of the erratic nature of the rankings and just to make sure no mistakes happen.
To be precise, the formula is given assuming you are alone with your hijacker.
It assumes that highjacker push up to have one point only remaining for the launch, and then put a PEB.

So it is like you said, the amount of point to se to be sure for not being hijacked at all.

But of course, if you are entered with a trusted friend, the formula will be different, but still the same:
The remaining point to set for one participant to reach Launch score - 1 + PEB should be lower than your own score.
Please elaborate further...

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
I understand what Gemini meant, and have used the "trusted friend formula" when doing open launches with my support :D

For example I'm doing green launch and my support contributed 500 points, I only need to put in (1,600 - 500) / 2 + 182 = 732 to avoid hijacking. We can think of it as doing a "1,100 points green launch".

The key is that the support or trusted friend who puts in 500 will never hijack us.

I understand what Gemini meant, and have used the "trusted friend formula" when doing open launches with my support :D

For example I'm doing green launch and my support contributed 500 points, I only need to put in (1,600 - 500) / 2 + 182 = 732 to avoid hijacking. We can think of it as doing a "1,100 points green launch".

The key is that the support or trusted friend who puts in 500 will never hijack us.
I get you, that's what I normally do with my supports.

I hope your support will never betray you. It could be funny if he does ^^.
But yes, you have what I was thinking,

trusted friends could be considered as they were reducing the total necessary points.

I hope your support will never betray you. It could be funny if he does ^^.
But yes, you have what I was thinking,

trusted friends could be considered as they were reducing the total necessary points.
Oh, some days that support just comes straight from hell as if it was sent by the evil one; it will just refuse to follow launch rules, it will refuse to calculate how many it must add and hijack my launches...:rage:

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
Oh, some days that support just comes straight from hell as if it was sent by the evil one; it will just refuse to follow launch rules, it will refuse to calculate how many it must add and hijack my launches...:rage:

It happened to me once. Before you taught me the +180 formula I always contributed more than half (1,000+) for Blue launch to guarantee the captain seat and one day this fella came in with more than 1,000 points. Still don't know how that happened!

It happened to me once. Before you taught me the +180 formula I always contributed more than half (1,000+) for Blue launch to guarantee the captain seat and one day this fella came in with more than 1,000 points. Still don't know how that happened!

Still ?

Pretty easy.

you put, let say 1050.
Highjack put 949.

Still not launched. (1050+949 = 1999).

then Highjack add a PEB.

Final ranks:
Highjack = 1309
you = 1050

And you can do this process in any configuration (with several trusted friends or you alone)

Edit: and the formula come from there.

Highjack should not be able to pass you when putting remaining_points-1 + a PEB
is expressed in formula, it gives:
x_HJ = points HighJack (for not launching)
x_you = point you

x_HJ = Total - x_you - 1
x_HJ + 360 < x_you

replace x_HJ in the second equation:
Total - x_you - 1 + 360 < x_you

or, by reorganizing:

2 * x_you > (Total - 1 + 360)

x_You > (Total-1) / 2+ 180

That's it

@kelvint23 consider the following:
Minimum (normal) launch points = 1600
Maximum launch points = 1959 (derived from 1599 + 360 = 1959)

Note: as long as the launcher is still on pad any number of points can be added up to 360 (PEB).

Max launch points = 1959
thus; 1
959 ÷ 2 = 979.5 rounded up to 980 (remember this?)

Further thus;
1959 ÷ 2 = 979.5 (980) + 2 just to be sure
2359 ÷ 2 = 1179.5 (1180) + 2 just to be sure
3359 ÷ 2 = 1679.5 (1680) + 2 just to be sure

Hijackings are a possibility as long as the captain has not secured the the points in brackets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom