Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General How do you add more than one participant to a conversation?

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
I’ve seen this option “allow participants to add others to this conversation” but have not figured out how to make this work.

@crescent moon

Actually, it is not available for everybody ! for example, I can't create a conversion with more than 2 participants (one person and I).
But, we don't know why...

So, you can create a private thread on the Area 51 ! and add as many person as you want !

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
if you are talking about private conversations, you can add as many as needed but you have to seperate each name with a comma and use the @ sign in front of their name.

If you want to talk on a regular bsasis I suggest you follow Dafsade recommendation to create a private thread in Area 51.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
if you are talking about private conversations, you can add as many as needed but you have to seperate each name with a comma and use the @ sign in front of their name.

If you want to talk on a regular bsasis I suggest you follow Dafsade recommendation to create a private thread in Area 51.

We made some tests with @Husam and @Madge59230 about this ! but, in private conversation, some members do not have the button to add people to the conversation !

@Aviatrix @crescent moon
Tagging the above for reference to this thread

My experiments in this have not worked. I have tried multiple names on the recipient line both with and without the @ sign in front, and @name in text. None worked. With no @ sign I got an error pop up saying can’t add more than one participant, with @ sign pop up said it could not find the members with those names. @Dafsade did your experiments work. I also have no add button.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Some people have deliberately or accidentally turned off this function in preferences as they may not want to send or receive any messages.

If this function is turned off the messages will not accept the name even if it correctly spelled.

I have had no problem sending multiple receiptants even before I became an administrator and moderator.

Some people have deliberately or accidentally turned off this function in preferences as they may not want to send or receive any messages.

If this function is turned off the messages will not accept the name even if it correctly spelled.

I have had no problem sending multiple receiptants even before I became an administrator and moderator.
Where in preferences is this option.? Sorry to be so ignorant but I am not seeing anything about multiple participants under my preferences. What is the function called?

Last edited:
this is what my screen shows in a conversation
upload_2018-10-30_17-55-28-png.16379

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Where in preferences is this option.? Sorry to be so ignorant but I am not seeing anything about multiple participants under my preferences. What is the function called?

sorry my mistake, it is under privacy. their are 2 drop down boxes.

You have 2 choices member or people you follow.

by selected the second option regular members can not send you messages nor can you send them messages.

@Cosmic Blue @Dafsade @Aviatrix @crescent moon
Adding @Husam as, apparently, he did some experiments on this in the past.

My thanks to all who have contributed and experimented on this. I thought this was a simple matter of my ignorance.

It appears, as Dafsade noted earlier, that the ability to have a private conversation with more than two participants (the originator and one other) is not available to all members. It was also suggested the it was a matter of privilege but this also does not seem to be the case. My own experiments also suggest it is not platform based as I don’t have the “Invite More” button on either my PC or my iPad. There is still the possibility it is a setting in my (your) profile somewhere but this is not certain. Still waiting on that

This is an interesting little mystery. I am wondering if it is some obscure bug and wondering if it is worth bringing in the developers. I think this would be a very useful feature but Area 51 seems to be a viable alternative.

Opinions? Suggestions? Any more data on this?
Let me know. And thanks.

Last edited:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Cosmic Blue @Dafsade @Aviatrix @crescent moon
Adding @Husam as, apparently, he did some experiments on this in the past.

My thanks to all who have contributed and experimented on this. I thought this was a simple matter of my ignorance.

It appears, as Dafsade noted earlier, that the ability to have a private conversation with more than two participants (the originator and one other) is not available to all members. It was also suggested the it was a matter of privilege but this also does not seem to be the case. My own experiments also suggest it is not platform based as I don’t have the “Invite More” button on either my PC or my iPad. There is still the possibility it is a setting in my (your) profile somewhere but this is not certain. Still waiting on that

This is an interesting little mystery. I am wondering if it is some obscure bug and wondering if it is worth bringing in the developers. I think this would be a very useful feature but Area 51 seems to be a viable alternative.

Opinions? Suggestions? Any more data on this?
Let me know. And thanks.

BDS

this is no invite more button on private messaging regardless of platform.. In the title bar for massage particapents you sepewrate each name by a comma. when entering the name, a fter the first few letters the name show pop up as it is recognized.

BDS

this is no invite more button on private messaging regardless of platform.. In the title bar for massage particapents you sepewrate each name by a comma. when entering the name, a fter the first few letters the name show pop up as it is recognized.

There certainly isn’t for my attempt. But @crescent moon did a test that has this button.
upload_2018-10-31_13-47-58.jpeg

She also just adds names separated by commas. And got the image above. When I try that I get the error pop up as seen a few posts above. So some of us have it and some don’t.

Do you have any feedback on my privacy settings regarding your post also above and my response to that. (I hope I don’t seem argumentative, I just am trying to figure out this puzzle.) So far your settings post is the only thing I have heard that makes sense. Just wondering if my settings match what you think they should be.

There certainly isn’t for my attempt. But @crescent moon did a test that has this button.
View attachment 16392

She also just adds names separated by commas. And got the image above. When I try that I get the error pop up as seen a few posts above. So some of us have it and some don’t.

Do you have any feedback on my privacy settings regarding your post also above and my response to that. (I hope I don’t seem argumentative, I just am trying to figure out this puzzle.) So far your settings post is the only thing I have heard that makes sense. Just wondering if my settings match what you think they should be.
Wanted to add that when I enter the first name I get the name show pop up after a few letters as you describe. But I don’t get any name show pop up as I enter a second or third name (and I assume a fourth etc.).

@BDS Air

You are not causing trouble. You want to find out why it is not working.

I am trying to help.

Which device are we talking about iphone or computer.

Iphone at one time had certain restrictions placed on it by apple.

Two devices actually. My main game is an iPad Air. My support game is a small Dell touchscreen laptop with windows 10 I use for travel. I tend to do most of my posting on the iPad because the image capture works much better. Both devices exhibit the same issue.

Obviously the issue is not with the game itself but with the workings of the forum’s user setup/settings/users level (not sure here, but something in how the forum treats different members). My forum account was set up on my iPad with a gmail email ( like that rhyme there :) ) account. Can’t see where that would make a difference to the forum’s servers and coding but it might. I registered directly on the forum and sign in with a userid and PW, not with a google account.

That poses an interesting question. If I set up a forum account from my PC would I get this same issue?

Top Bottom