Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Help!!! Not letting me update to new version???

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Hi, can anyone help me I've just been told by my friend @JayBee that there was a update two days ago...it usually prompts me to go update and nothing :mad:. People are sending me slabs and it's only letting me return 5 passengers...I'm never going to complete the new event at this rate, any advice would be greatly appreciated:banghead::). Thanks N x

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Hi, can anyone help me I've just been told by my friend @JayBee that there was a update two days ago...it usually prompts me to go update and nothing :mad:. People are sending me slabs and it's only letting me return 5 passengers...I'm never going to complete the new event at this rate, any advice would be greatly appreciated:banghead::). Thanks N x
@Crashfree platform is windows 10 and in a post under the next update 5.9 thread it reads that it is now live on Windows 10. There may be other post about it as well, too many to read all. Good luck @LjGibbs.

Unfortunately, if you still have windows 8.1, you will not get the update. GI's excuse is that it is no longer supported by Windows.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Unfortunately, if you still have windows 8.1, you will not get the update. GI's excuse is that it is no longer supported by Windows.
Thank you for getting back to me but I have actually managed to do it took me hours and was very frustrating and I'm on windows 10...I lost two days off the new task because I wasn't prompted to update and then I kept having to stop and start the installation because it wasn't installing properly :mad:. Thank you again, Nicola :)

Thank you for getting back to me but I have actually managed to do it took me hours and was very frustrating and I'm on windows 10...I lost two days off the new task because I wasn't prompted to update and then I kept having to stop and start the installation because it wasn't installing properly :mad:. Thank you again, Nicola :)
Really glad you were finally able to get the update! :)

Can you still visit other neighbors? I can visit you. Maybe the only thing you'll miss out on is the event and the tiny, tiny icons.:)
I can't visit anyone. I even went to another win 8.1 user and it said that I have to upgrade.....

Do my vaults work for those of you who have the event? If not, I'm putting them away. They use too much electricity compared to a mansion.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
I will not update to windows 10 --- GI has stabbed players in the back with this one.

Unable to visit neighbors although those upgraded can visit me.

After spending $$$ on this game (which I could not afford to do) GI has stabbed me in the back one too many times.

I will continue to visit my city daily (and do red launches occasionally) so my neighbors can visit the planetariums, burial vaults, training centers, etc. but my planes have been grounded since I found out GI is no longer wanting my money and apparently not wanting me to play. I've got better things to do with my time and money than to give it to a company that has repeatedly stabbed me in the back - and now is trying to coerce me into upgrading my operating system in order to do so.

It's been fun - thanks to all my wonderful neighbors for the memories --- I will *NOT* be downgrading to windows 10 so I will be forced to stop playing because of GI's idiotic business decisions.

upgrade coercion.png

Kendra

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047yjzfv
Username
Kendra
I will not update to windows 10 --- GI has stabbed players in the back with this one.

Unable to visit neighbors although those upgraded can visit me.

After spending $$$ on this game (which I could not afford to do) GI has stabbed me in the back one too many times.

I will continue to visit my city daily (and do red launches occasionally) so my neighbors can visit the planetariums, burial vaults, training centers, etc. but my planes have been grounded since I found out GI is no longer wanting my money and apparently not wanting me to play. I've got better things to do with my time and money than to give it to a company that has repeatedly stabbed me in the back - and now is trying to coerce me into upgrading my operating system in order to do so.

It's been fun - thanks to all my wonderful neighbors for the memories --- I will *NOT* be downgrading to windows 10 so I will be forced to stop playing because of GI's idiotic business decisions.

View attachment 9914
I just got a new laptop that has windows 10 and it totally sucks!! Definitely a downgrade from windows 8.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
GI have proven themselves to be liars once again. I visited my second account (which is on the same computer as my main account) --- I have not logged into that account let alone that game for over a month - and I got the message that it is up to date and I need to upgrade in order to visit. Being on the same machine (nobody else has access to the laptop) How can that game be up to date on the same windows 8.1 machine that my main account is on??? I'm thoroughly ticked off with GI

blueaero2.png

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
GI have proven themselves to be liars once again. I visited my second account (which is on the same computer as my main account) --- I have not logged into that account let alone that game for over a month - and I got the message that it is up to date and I need to upgrade in order to visit. Being on the same machine (nobody else has access to the laptop) How can that game be up to date on the same windows 8.1 machine that my main account is on??? I'm thoroughly ticked off with GI

View attachment 9920

If you read the message you post. It says your neighbors are up to date but you are not.
It does not matter if it is on the same machine as your main game, it is treated a separate game, which will need to be updated separately from the main game.

The files for the game are not shared, they are keep in a separate directory under the different name for each game.

If you update one, it does not necessary mean the other is updated.

captain_jack

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
fox /item

View attachment 9920

I'm in same situation - 5 games on 1 laptop and can't visit each other. I can live without visiting neighbors (only 1-3 LR chests/day since 'GD bug' has been 'solved') but don't understand why I can't visit other games on same AC version.

If you read the message you post. It says your neighbors are up to date but you are not.
It does not matter if it is on the same machine as your main game, it is treated a separate game, which will need to be updated separately from the main game.

The files for the game are not shared, they are keep in a separate directory under the different name for each game.

I think the point that @Blue Aero is making is that her support account is NOT up to date, even tho' the message from GI says it is when she tries to visit it. Both games are on an 8.1 laptop which means neither is updated. I guess this means if you haven't updated, you can't visit anyone.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero

if you read my post, neither game is updated because they are both on the same windows 8.1 machine which is not updated to windows 10.0 so neither game could be updated due to GI's idiotic business decision to alienate its long term players that spent $$$ on the game --- Crescent Moon understood my clearly worded post.

Top Bottom