Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

German community / German members or alliances

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
My favourite french word in English is "rendezvous".

It is so obviously not a true English word because ... how can you pronounce it in the "English" way?
When you learn the correct pronunciation of the word, you realize it is originally a french word.

Ah ah !
I already have eared English pronouncing rendez-vous, and it is cute !

But it is rather an expression than oher thing, because the first use was "rendez-vous à cet endroit" = "go there" ! And we deleted "à cet endroit" because it is too long ! So, now we understand it whereas it doesn't mean anything !! Really strange expression !!

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
They even named their summer palace in Potsdam "Sanssouci". This palace was inspired by the palace of Versailles.

ahhh ! "sanssouci" means "without issue" but, maybe it is related to anything else !

Versailles is too much large ! When I was there, I need more than 30 minutes (by foot) to go to the car (I forgot my ID card in the car...) and return to the entrance of the caslte ! Too much tiring ! !

@luxurycat you are a wealth of information!

totally agree ! thanks @luxurycat !

ahhh ! "sanssouci" means "without issue" but, maybe it is related to anything else !

The german translation is meant to be "Ohne Sorgen", which is in english best "careless". It should gave the impression, this is a place to relax and forget the day-to-day problems (whatever they have been in comparison to the "normal" population!).

Top Bottom