Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game maintenance

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder
Well, my account is blocked again. I just got it unblocked yesterday and when I logged in this morning, the 'Violation of terms' message window has appeared again. (sigh) This problem has only appeared since the maintenance on the GI servers. Has anyone else experience a problem like this? I have been playing Airport City for a while (4 years or so...I have lost count), and I have never cheated.

The servers check to see if the date/time on my tablet has been reset, which I am not doing. I have my tablet set to automatic. However, I am wondering if it my time zone that is causing problems with GI servers date/time checking routine. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, and we do not observe daylight time, which means we do NOT reset our clocks. (This is because the world revolves around Saskatchewan, but that is a whole other story. Grin) Anyway, this means that in Saskatchewan we change from CST (Central Standard Time) in the winter to MDT (Mountain Daylight Time in the summer. I suspect that to the GI servers this could look like I am changing the date/time on my tablet because I am changing time zones, when in actual fact I am not resetting the date/time on my tablet.

I have sent an email to GI support that my account is blocked again. I have also mentioned the information listed above. The ball is in their court.

If they unblock my account fine. I suspect it will get blocked again the next day, though. If they do not unblock my account, I will 'disappear' to all the other Airport City players out there, and my enjoyment of the game will be greatly reduced since. many of the game features will be disabled.

Heading out to make a fresh cup of coffee while I wait for a reply from GI,
Canadian Cowboy.

Are you still getting that looping issue? I believe that this is one of a few reasons for the violation of T&Cs. Like you, when I got the looping issue, everything started counting down in 5 second increments. Essentially, if you keep the game open then everything happens 5 times faster. As a result, a 5-hour flight will complete in one hour and voila, the violation of the T&Cs message occurs, as it thinks you've time-travelled.

They unblocked my game today and I am still getting the intermittent looping issue, but interestingly, if I close the game and then restart, the looping remains; I have to restart my device for the looping to fix itself.

Anyone have any new problem after maintenance?

Since you asked.... :) Yes, I am no longer able to gift or launch with my 2 support games, BullwinkleMoose and Rocky61. They are both IOS games and a year ago the update to IOS changed so I needed to have a different Apple ID and Game Centre account in order to update them and I didn't bother doing this. I am too old for complication .....:)

I have been playing them both successfully for the past year, except I couldn't visit, but gifting and launching worked and that was fine with me. Now they can no longer find the server so they are out of business.

I do have a message into G! to ask if I can have my Airport Cash transferred to my main game since I can't play them anymore so I will see what happens.

So if any of my neighbours wonder why you are not receiving gifts from Rocky61 and BullwinkleMoose anymore, this is why.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
I'm sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread. I was wondering if anyone else lost all of their neighbors in the server maintenance?
When they blocked my support the day they announced maintenance...a couple of days later all my neighbors vanished... it when they reinstated the neighbors reappeared...
OK.Thank you, I am trying to decide if I want to get them reinstated or use this as a good opportunity to fill my neighbors list with only Forum members like everyone suggests.
but yep...best opportunity if you are able to add new ...do so only from forum.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Well, my account is blocked again. I just got it unblocked yesterday and when I logged in this morning, the 'Violation of terms' message window has appeared again. (sigh) This problem has only appeared since the maintenance on the GI servers. Has anyone else experience a problem like this? I have been playing Airport City for a while (4 years or so...I have lost count), and I have never cheated.

The servers check to see if the date/time on my tablet has been reset, which I am not doing. I have my tablet set to automatic. However, I am wondering if it my time zone that is causing problems with GI servers date/time checking routine. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, and we do not observe daylight time, which means we do NOT reset our clocks. (This is because the world revolves around Saskatchewan, but that is a whole other story. Grin) Anyway, this means that in Saskatchewan we change from CST (Central Standard Time) in the winter to MDT (Mountain Daylight Time in the summer. I suspect that to the GI servers this could look like I am changing the date/time on my tablet because I am changing time zones, when in actual fact I am not resetting the date/time on my tablet.

I have sent an email to GI support that my account is blocked again. I have also mentioned the information listed above. The ball is in their court.

If they unblock my account fine. I suspect it will get blocked again the next day, though. If they do not unblock my account, I will 'disappear' to all the other Airport City players out there, and my enjoyment of the game will be greatly reduced since. many of the game features will be disabled.

Heading out to make a fresh cup of coffee while I wait for a reply from GI,
Canadian Cowboy.
It happened to my support...which is strange...I don’t use that iPad for anything besides playing AC for 5-10 mins per day. I kept telling them I didn’t change anything and it has to be something else... it as typical of GI they didn’t listen...so even when they fixed it they said not to change time anymore...I’m in Japan..we don’t not have to change time for DST.. it I don’t think that’s pertinent...because my other 2 games are fine.
Hopefully they will permanently fix yours...:LOL::ROFLMAO:... sorry...kind of made myself laugh at that one...but hopefully they will fix it.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Since you asked.... :) Yes, I am no longer able to gift or launch with my 2 support games, BullwinkleMoose and Rocky61. They are both IOS games and a year ago the update to IOS changed so I needed to have a different Apple ID and Game Centre account in order to update them and I didn't bother doing this. I am too old for complication .....:)

I have been playing them both successfully for the past year, except I couldn't visit, but gifting and launching worked and that was fine with me. Now they can no longer find the server so they are out of business.

I do have a message into G! to ask if I can have my Airport Cash transferred to my main game since I can't play them anymore so I will see what happens.

So if any of my neighbours wonder why you are not receiving gifts from Rocky61 and BullwinkleMoose anymore, this is why.
OK, nice to know. If you contacted GI's Support, please let me know your ticket number. Please also do short desctiption what you wrote into the ticket.

Anyone else with "any simptoms" also open a ticket and send ticket number to me, here (then tag me!) or via PM.
fyi: here is the for for ticket number: http://www.game-insight.com/en/support/form (y)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
They unblocked my game again. The looping issue seems to have gone away. The only change I made to my tablet was to disable the screen shutoff. So now the screen stays on instead of turning off after five minutes of inactivity.

I never noticed any of my flight times speeding up, if I was not using any bonuses. The radar scop0e are moving normally right now. It's hard to type though, while keeping your fingers crossed. (Grin)

A slightly more pleased, but still confused by all this weirdness,
Canadian Cowboy.

Are you still getting that looping issue? I believe that this is one of a few reasons for the violation of T&Cs. Like you, when I got the looping issue, everything started counting down in 5 second increments. Essentially, if you keep the game open then everything happens 5 times faster. As a result, a 5-hour flight will complete in one hour and voila, the violation of the T&Cs message occurs, as it thinks you've time-travelled.

They unblocked my game today and I am still getting the intermittent looping issue, but interestingly, if I close the game and then restart, the looping remains; I have to restart my device for the looping to fix itself.

I hope this maintenance fixes some ongoing problems with my game. The latest is that the game seems to go into some type of a 'loop'. The radar display lines (arms?) in the radar displays do not scroll smoothly in the circle. They move from the middle of the upper right quarter and just cross the horizontal line into the bottom right quarter, and then jump back into the upper right quarter. When this is happening, if I try to scroll about the screen (move about my airport) the screen jumps back to the lower right corner or the upper left quarter. After a while (10 to 20 minutes) the game seems to settle down. The game also seems to work normally for an hour or so, if I shut down AC, force stop it, purge the cache, shut down the tablet and then start up the tablet again.

If the maintenance does not fix my games performance, I'll have to write to GI about it.

i'm also having problems with my android AC game (fuel support). I can't scroll smoothly around my neighbor's airports, it keeps jumping to a corner. I tried to visit some neighbors yesterday and it was really difficult!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Things seems to have settled down with my game since I turned off the automatic blanking of my screen (screen saver is off).

i'm also having problems with my android AC game (fuel support). I can't scroll smoothly around my neighbor's airports, it keeps jumping to a corner. I tried to visit some neighbors yesterday and it was really difficult!

Top Bottom