Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game maintenance

D

Deleted member 5399

Oops, forgot to mention that. :p:p:p
Speaking of alliance related, "ISSUES"; How about Free2Play a suggestion when looking to add a new member from your neighbors list, you put the names in alphabetical order.
I have 499 people to choose from and the one person I wanted was at the bottom or near the bottom of the list, forcing me to scroll all that far, when i could have went to user names beginning with the first letter and found them real easy.

Speaking of alliance related, "ISSUES"; How about Free2Play a suggestion when looking to add a new member from your neighbors list, you put the names in alphabetical order.
I have 499 people to choose from and the one person I wanted was at the bottom or near the bottom of the list, forcing me to scroll all that far, when i could have went to user names beginning with the first letter and found them real easy.
You can put the first or second letter of their name in the search bar.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)

Thanks @nick6901

Anyone have any new problem after maintenance?

No problems related to the maintenance...however I have been waiting several days for them to fix my support account. I am still getting a message that I am in violation of something. I started getting it right before maintenance began, so GI said maintenance related and it should clear, but it never did and they still don’t seem to be working on it. They sent a sr way instead. It’s frustrating.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Anyone have any new problem after maintenance?
Nothing new, just recurrence of same issues prior to maintenance. I opened a ticket with GI, they asked for some logs, and I received this ticket update just moments ago:

Mar 1, 12:27 EET

Dear Phil,

It turned out that the server still need some fixes.
Please, wait for the next update. We are working under it at the moment and doing our best to fix it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Nothing new, just recurrence of same issues prior to maintenance. I opened a ticket with GI, they asked for some logs, and I received this ticket update just moments ago:

Mar 1, 12:27 EET

Dear Phil,

It turned out that the server still need some fixes.
Please, wait for the next update. We are working under it at the moment and doing our best to fix it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
I maybe wrong on this, but how does fixing a server (hardware) related issue rely on the new update (software)?

You're not alone in wondering the same thing

Simply put a lot of times you design software in a way that works based on the hardware platform.

Things like Oracle databases behave very different on different Linux based hardware for example. You’ll also see huge performance changes in an application after a database upgrade until the queries hitting the database are tuned to reflect the changes made by the upgrade.

Ivan’s message made a lot of sense to me when he mentioned there was an accompanying set of code fixes. Even though it still feels like the status quo I’m glad they did it this way because they could have introduced a lot of problems trying to combine the two efforts

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Well, my account is blocked again. I just got it unblocked yesterday and when I logged in this morning, the 'Violation of terms' message window has appeared again. (sigh) This problem has only appeared since the maintenance on the GI servers. Has anyone else experience a problem like this? I have been playing Airport City for a while (4 years or so...I have lost count), and I have never cheated.

The servers check to see if the date/time on my tablet has been reset, which I am not doing. I have my tablet set to automatic. However, I am wondering if it my time zone that is causing problems with GI servers date/time checking routine. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, and we do not observe daylight time, which means we do NOT reset our clocks. (This is because the world revolves around Saskatchewan, but that is a whole other story. Grin) Anyway, this means that in Saskatchewan we change from CST (Central Standard Time) in the winter to MDT (Mountain Daylight Time in the summer. I suspect that to the GI servers this could look like I am changing the date/time on my tablet because I am changing time zones, when in actual fact I am not resetting the date/time on my tablet.

I have sent an email to GI support that my account is blocked again. I have also mentioned the information listed above. The ball is in their court.

If they unblock my account fine. I suspect it will get blocked again the next day, though. If they do not unblock my account, I will 'disappear' to all the other Airport City players out there, and my enjoyment of the game will be greatly reduced since. many of the game features will be disabled.

Heading out to make a fresh cup of coffee while I wait for a reply from GI,
Canadian Cowboy.

Top Bottom