Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Funding upgrades

What is experienced players recommendation on how to fund the high priced upgrades? Runway 6 costs 800,000, townhall 7 is 540,000, and control tower level 6 is going to be something colossial also. Plus all the other high priced additions. how do you do it?
Dont run before you can walk! Dont make runway 7 an objective. Make your plan for what you want. When you get to the level where you NEED the next control tower or town hall, you'll have developed your city enough that the coins come relatively quickly.

It all seemed way too difficult for me to get to that level only 3 months ago, yet here I am working my way upwards slowly. Now I have priorities not town hall (other ways to add population which are more fun), not runway 7 (dont have a plane to fly!. OK i turn away afew but what the heck. Not a reason for me to buy a runway!). Control tower yes that will keep going up and passenger buildings, as without those you cant fly. And coins too as you need to keep saving.

Short answer. Dont worry about 500K or 1M. It'll come. First time you'll say WOW that was hard. After the 3rd or 4th time, you start to say OK. 3 weeks saving off we go!!

The thing is my town is full so I can't add more money making buildings and I need to fly more planes to get my numbers up, hence the control tower upgrade.
The biggest issue to solve is not coins, planes and control tower - its land. Do you refuse to pay so save 3 greenies a week and buy land when you can. Do you have a small budget per month, per 2 weeks to spend and spend it on only land. That for me is more the problem you have to solve first before you can solve the others.

What is experienced players recommendation on how to fund the high priced upgrades? Runway 6 costs 800,000, townhall 7 is 540,000, and control tower level 6 is going to be something colossial also. Plus all the other high priced additions. how do you do it?
When i was in your level i was focusing only to control tower and terminal to upgrade them.
Run way 6 i buy it when my level come higher and falcon guest plane start landing in my city.
The land was very important more than any thing else.
I bought 6 grand hotel better than upgrade the town hall.
Up to now i did not upgrade my town hall to last level i am still in level 8 :D last year i was planning to upgrade it to level 9 then i said why spend the coins for just 100 max population.

The easiest way to earn money is space flights and visiting Planetariums anscother space buildings. You can get a 5-10 thousand coins a day visiting neighbors.

Use the collections to get launch preps and join QL launches (red ones). Even if you finish in last place because you on,y have a few points it’s 1000 coins and items to get more launch prep items. You’ll also get silver coins so you can build grand hotels. If you have prep kits then you can do multiple launches in a day when riding on with others using QLs

We’ve all been in your spot @Chazzy999 and the jumps get bigger. Level 10 control Tower was 2,000,000 and the Level 11 is 4,000,000. It will come but just leverage the space collections and launches even if you only contribute a few points

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
You don't. You don't buy things you don't need. Have you already 3-starred all flights of all planes below Falcon? Then you don't need Falcons and if you don't have Falcons then Runway 6 is useless. About Townhall - are you short on pop? Then review your buildings and get rid of some. Analyze how often you're playing. You can remove buildings that are not efficient in your playstyle (eg Cottages if you play every few hours instead of minutes) and replace them with other. About coin producers - it's simple calculation: how long would it take for your coin producers to yield 540k? If that timeframe is not realistic, then get rid of those buildings and that's 540k saved. Grand Hotel is another option, but it's a huge building that takes serious chunk of land so it needs careful consideration. If you have stashed enough excavations map, you can do that. Those buildings are the endgame - and they increase pop themselves.

I need to fly more planes to get my numbers up
Do you? If you're having coin problems, I'd say your priority should be getting those numbers up, not planes. Get neighbors with Planetariums, that's free. Save coins to upgrade MCC to lvl 3 and get Red pad, that's the ultimate money maker if you have good team for launches. Doing green and blue can cost you more coin than they earn, because they force you to focus on 300 coin collections instead of the 2000 ones.

You can chose your own goals. Ignore the sidequests, they're ok at start, but eventually they start rushing you into things you have no chance to be prepared for.

Planes are useful to get adventure buildings, but after that you can do well barely flying at all.

Top Bottom