Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Frastration. An open letter to the developers

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
after about 1-2 years in the game (level 54) I'm so frustrated from the game, so I am considering to quit.
Why?

The game progress is way too slow and ridiculously expensive.

For example I need to upgrade my airport to hold more passengers. For that I need 360,000 coins + items + wait. The whole process will take at least a month or more. That's ridiculousky slow, which makes me feel frastrated.
Regarding the adventures. I've never ever able to finish any mission, even though running 5 planes which are flying almost all day lond.
That's frastrating. The current romantic mission is the first mission I've decided to skip, knowing I've no chance to complete it.

I need to upgrade my runway and get more passengers. I need more than million coins for that. It's seems it's gonna take months to achieve that. Frastrating.

Thought about upgrading to silver or gold player. Come on.. 9$ per silver and about 30$ for gold? Netflix subscription costs less. Again frastrating.

The relative game progress in other games is by far much faster.

For several days I'm collecting few coins and does not doing too much in the game.

I really hope the developers will do a significant improvement, otherwise... You will lose me as a player. Thats a pity. Sure for me.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03gm4u1f
Username
-Sayuri-
BTW grand hotel is 300 silver tokens. I don't think I have that amount (where can I check that?)

You will collect those silver tokens in no time doing space launches. Everyone told you the same, space launches Are the key! Communicate with Neighbours and join them in launches.

Also, you get silver tokens in steel chests when collecting your reward every day through event ratings....

You can check Current ammount in section Store ( shoping cart icon im the botttom left corner). Coins, greenies , gold and silver tokens.

Level 54 and you Are asking this??

You really have to do some serious readings here on forum...

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Many thanks for your advises.
Regarding the needed land expansion I totally agree BUT all greenies are invested in the land purchase only.
I'm collecting it every week and never misses it. Still,Not enough greenies and no other way to get those precious greenies other than purchase it...

Spend your Greenies wisely, expand your land and collect any free pax buildings via guest planes as possible (if you don't want to spend). Pax & inflight gifts are also a must. You need fuel also - after spending 1-2 years on the game and reaching only Level 50+ is so not good, you need a Mentor and I'm sure someone on here will take you under their wing - take the above advice from the vets...they will continue to help if you just reach out and ask them. This is nothing to do with the Devs its just a long term patient game that takes years and the patience of a saint lol. Take the advice given (also don't be unhappy my friend, its just a game.) Take care :)

There is quite a bit of good information that is key to progress that has been given here.
Don't know why there was/is any reason for condescending answers irrelevant of how long
he has played or what he asks or does not know. No need to point out spelling errors when
a person who obviously does not speak English as their first language errs. They are making
an effort and it helps nothing but I digress. :whistle:

@amir77a I would be happy to be your neighbor and help out however I can. As far as your neighbors
no need to just mass dump them all straight away. If you know some that gift well by all means keep
them. You could also keep track for a week or two to weed out those that do not gift. Send a request
along my code is 20eqkp8c :cool:

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03gm4u1f
Username
-Sayuri-
There is quite a bit of good information that is key to progress that has been given here.
Don't know why there was/is any reason for condescending answers irrelevant of how long
he has played or what he asks or does not know. No need to point out spelling errors when
a person who obviously does not speak English as their first language errs. They are making

Great teacher Yoda,

When someone ( english is not my mother tongue either), puts such “ punch in the eye” word in the name of the thread, I find it useful to point it out, and now man will know. I would Like to be told too, for such mistake. :cigar:

Last edited:
@amir77a I have sent a neighbour request and if I can help in any way please feel free to ask two of the nicest players who have posted above @Wired Parrott and @Captain WH Rollins have a wealth of experience in the game and will help without being condescending.
For my part I would just like to say this is not a game where it is a race to the finish line there are no winners and losers and there is no rule book to say you must reach a certain point in a certain time.
Play your game your way and enjoy doing it

after about 1-2 years in the game (level 54) I'm so frustrated from the game, so I am considering to quit.
Why?

The game progress is way too slow and ridiculously expensive.

For example I need to upgrade my airport to hold more passengers. For that I need 360,000 coins + items + wait. The whole process will take at least a month or more. That's ridiculousky slow, which makes me feel frastrated.
Regarding the adventures. I've never ever able to finish any mission, even though running 5 planes which are flying almost all day lond.
That's frastrating. The current romantic mission is the first mission I've decided to skip, knowing I've no chance to complete it.

I need to upgrade my runway and get more passengers. I need more than million coins for that. It's seems it's gonna take months to achieve that. Frastrating.

Thought about upgrading to silver or gold player. Come on.. 9$ per silver and about 30$ for gold? Netflix subscription costs less. Again frastrating.

The relative game progress in other games is by far much faster.

For several days I'm collecting few coins and does not doing too much in the game.

I really hope the developers will do a significant improvement, otherwise... You will lose me as a player. Thats a pity. Sure for me.
hey Amir can you post a picture of your city?

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
@amir77a I've sent you a friend request. I launch very regularly, and you are more than welcome to join my launches!! Unfortunately, I can't help you with gifts as all of my daily gifts are tied up.

I think this thread covered tips and suggestions pretty well, but feel free to pm me at any time for questions/advice!!
Many thanks

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items

@amir77a I would be happy to be your neighbor and help out however I can. As far as your neighbors
no need to just mass dump them all straight away. If you know some that gift well by all means keep
them. You could also keep track for a week or two to weed out those that do not gift. Send a request
along my code is 20eqkp8c :cool:
Friend request sent.
Thanks

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items

Attachments

• 1D629BAC-4AEB-4D57-9951-048807A364BC.png
    1D629BAC-4AEB-4D57-9951-048807A364BC.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 220

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
Hi @amir77a , I can imagine being frustrated if I were in your position. You had lots of patience over the past 1-2 years! Now it's time to make a change.

The forum is full of experienced players and their discussions/guides. I'll leave you to explore them while suggesting some things you can do for yourself (y)

Understand your intentions
These questions should give you direction and motivation. Why do you play Airport City? How do you enjoy the game? What do you want to achieve in the game?

Different players have different intentions. Some build beautiful cities. Some fly for as many stars as possible. Some enjoy leveling up quickly to fly the big birds. Some take pride in helping other players and building top alliances. What makes you happy?

Set your expectations
You find it frustrating waiting for a month to earn 360,000 coins and upgrade your airport. I'd think that time and money are relative. How often and how long do you play every day? For example, if you're a casual player who checks back less than 5 times a day, it's reasonable to take it slow. If you're dedicated to playing the game for years, it helps to have small practical targets along the way, such as flying X number of planes or earning special buildings.

Planning and spending effectively
I hope now you have an idea of how much time and effort are you comfortable to spend on the game, and a realistic way of getting what you want from the game. Let's talk about money (coins). Coins often limit our progress, and so they are the key to getting sustainable enjoyment from the game. If I may use examples from your city - "sustainable enjoyment" probably doesn't mean building a duty-free shop, mega mall, or research lab because the quests said so, or doing the cheapest upgrade just because you can afford. We need a long-term plan: how do we spend to maximise profits now and in future? Land is expensive - and all the more so, if we don't make the best use of it.

Think of all the buildings/upgrades available. Which ones can help make money? How often do they generate coins/pax? Here's where different playing styles come in. Personally I fly small planes (TP) and check the game often, so I have lots of coin buildings at 1 hour or less. For more senior players who fly larger planes and mainly earn from space launches, their cities are full of pax buildings.

One key idea is to take slow and steady steps to build a strong foundation. Generally more planes = more profits and game progress. I'd suggest upgrading on your control tower first - it's expensive but pays off well in the long run. Be comfortable flying TPs, don't rush on upgrading planes if you don't have enough pax buildings to support. They also give decent coins per hour relative to the larger planes. Also, start saving resources for space launches since it will be the main income in future. Visit neighbours with training centres/planetariums. Fly TPs to Cape Canaveral for launch preps. Most importantly, find a reliable bunch who help you with gifts and strategies! I'm exactly 3 months into the game now, and one of the best decisions I made was to join an active top alliance and constantly learn from discussions ;)

Hope my suggestions help you think and plan better! I'm happy to help you with more questions :D

Hi @amir77a , I can imagine being frustrated if I were in your position. You had lots of patience over the past 1-2 years! Now it's time to make a change.

The forum is full of experienced players and their discussions/guides. I'll leave you to explore them while suggesting some things you can do for yourself (y)

These questions should give you direction and motivation. Why do you play Airport City? How do you enjoy the game? What do you want to achieve in the game?

Different players have different intentions. Some build beautiful cities. Some fly for as many stars as possible. Some enjoy leveling up quickly to fly the big birds. Some take pride in helping other players and building top alliances. What makes you happy?

Set your expectations
You find it frustrating waiting for a month to earn 360,000 coins and upgrade your airport. I'd think that time and money are relative. How often and how long do you play every day? For example, if you're a casual player who checks back less than 5 times a day, it's reasonable to take it slow. If you're dedicated to playing the game for years, it helps to have small practical targets along the way, such as flying X number of planes or earning special buildings.

I hope now you have an idea of how much time and effort are you comfortable to spend on the game, and a realistic way of getting what you want from the game. Let's talk about money (coins). Coins often limit our progress, and so they are the key to getting sustainable enjoyment from the game. If I may use examples from your city - "sustainable enjoyment" probably doesn't mean building a duty-free shop, mega mall, or research lab because the quests said so, or doing the cheapest upgrade just because you can afford. We need a long-term plan: how do we spend to maximise profits now and in future? Land is expensive - and all the more so, if we don't make the best use of it.

Think of all the buildings/upgrades available. Which ones can help make money? How often do they generate coins/pax? Here's where different playing styles come in. Personally I fly small planes (TP) and check the game often, so I have lots of coin buildings at 1 hour or less. For more senior players who fly larger planes and mainly earn from space launches, their cities are full of pax buildings.

One key idea is to take slow and steady steps to build a strong foundation. Generally more planes = more profits and game progress. I'd suggest upgrading on your control tower first - it's expensive but pays off well in the long run. Be comfortable flying TPs, don't rush on upgrading planes if you don't have enough pax buildings to support. They also give decent coins per hour relative to the larger planes. Also, start saving resources for space launches since it will be the main income in future. Visit neighbours with training centres/planetariums. Fly TPs to Cape Canaveral for launch preps. Most importantly, find a reliable bunch who help you with gifts and strategies! I'm exactly 3 months into the game now, and one of the best decisions I made was to join an active top alliance and constantly learn from discussions ;)

Hope my suggestions help you think and plan better! I'm happy to help you with more questions :D
(y)

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items

Set your expectations

Well written and very interesting.
A reason for a deep thinking

Top Bottom