Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Flight Drop Rate Change For Major November Update

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hey everyone, so with a discussion I was having with a few other players (@Agent_L, @Wired Parrott , and @Capt.S.), they inspired me to put together a suggestion to GI on their facebook page. The message I left is in italics down below. It has to do with updating the flight drop rates across the board and creating the new percentage spreads based on the information given below. My goal is to flood the GI inbox with this new idea, and hopefully they will at least address the current flight drops for something that resembles our suggestion.
If you want to be a part of this initiative, please do the following:
1) Take the percentages and statement in the message below. Re-word them into your own language style.
2)Send to GI either via email or post on their Facebook wall under their most recent post.

"Hey, I have a suggestion for Airport City that may be a great change for the major update coming at the end of the year.
Drop rates from flights have been dismal, and are actually discouraging when it comes to making the game fun. With that being said, many players from the Airport City Forum came up with a percentage spread that would make things fair yet challenging. Here is the recommended spread below:
always: 100%
very often: 75-100%
often:50-75%
seldom:25-50%
very seldom:1-25%
Also, get rid of the "rare item" that is selected at random for each player. A "rare item" is the complete opposite of random, so give all items in a collection an even chance in the ranges specified. It's been years since the drop rates have been modified; I believe now would be a key time for a drop rate overhaul. Please pass on to the development team. Thanks."

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
To be honest, I'm still not onboard with even the SD spreads I'm seeing, but I am by no means a statistician so I leave it alone. For instance, look at the screenshot below
View attachment 15551
These two collections from the event shows exactly what I have an issue with. The bottom collection has an SD spread I am ok with (although the tablet skews things quite a bit). The "missing item" is only a few counts behind the next lowest item. That's perfectly fine. But look at the top collection. Excluding the laser pointers, all the other collections have a two point spread. That collection doesnt look like how a normal distribution should look; clearly there is a skew. However, I've been told that it's perfectly normal in statistics, so I let it be.

But look at the top collection: you've completed it 11 times which means you had 11 of each item to do that, so the real stats there for items are 21-19-21-11-20.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
But look at the top collection: you've completed it 11 times which means you had 11 of each item to do that, so the real stats there for items are 21-19-21-11-20.
Yes I know. It just looked odd that it lagfed the others by that much. If it was 15 or 16, it would make a bit more sense to me in terms of the spread. If it's acceptable, then so be it. Won't change the task ahead anyway. Thanks for your feedback though; at least we had a good discussion about it.

Top Bottom