Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Falling out of love with the game

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Is anyone else having trouble finding enthusiasm for the game at the minute?

Personally I'm struggling to be arsed with it - gone down from my near 15hr a day monitoring for guest flights to visiting 3 times a day.

Our alliance was always fairly quiet, but ever since we decided to not concentrate on alliance flights until the problems are sorted, it's been deathly silent - one comment (mine) in over a week.

I'd already decided to no longer use real money for the game in protest of the blatant allowance of cheating, but I don't see the gameplay issues being resolved any time soon, so am questionning whether it's worth my effort.

Is it just me?

Saying cheating is blatantly allowed is a bit of a strong, and in my opinion, unfair statement given the steps GI has taken to clean up the game. Other things like the 100 item limit are legitimately bigger things because from a gameplay perspective it makes it really difficult to play certain parts of the game.

This may be an unpopular opinion but some people get way to hung up on some of the issues. Some are legit and others just sound like constant whining...the game is in a lot better place than it was 6-9 months ago.

To me - if it's no longer fun then stop playing it. It's still fun to me so I still play. Some take a break and see if they miss it before making a decision about it.

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Well I was suppose I was hoping for somebody be positive and make me see why it's worth the effort, but anyhoo - thanks for being incredibly patronising.

[redacted]

But if I'm supposed to toe the party line and defend them regardless...............YAY! for Gi. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

(I do agree regarding the 100 item limit - fortunately not an issue for me)

Well I was suppose I was hoping for somebody be positive and make me see why it's worth the effort, but anyhoo - thanks for being incredibly patronising.

[redacted]

But if I'm supposed to toe the party line and defend them regardless...............YAY! for Gi. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sorry you feel that way. We've àll been there, or will be in the future. It's like anything you do, too much can kill the enthusiasm. The trick is to find the right balance.
Your game sounds a bit like mine, on it way to much! Its a problem having it on a tablet as you can walk round with it! I'm trying to reduce my need to check things by changing the way I play. Not getting any less resources but just need to go on every couple of hours instead of every 10 mins! Changed my coin buildings for those that take a bit longer to produce, flying slightly longer in the air planes etc.

Sounds like you need more a change of scenery in the game, or maybe a break, only you can decide that. I'd change the way you play first. Then you can do other things at the same time but you don't lose making progress.

Not flying alliance tasks. That's an alliance decision, but not having the bonuses that you've been so used to having, could also be frustrating.

Is anyone else having trouble finding enthusiasm for the game at the minute?

Personally I'm struggling to be arsed with it - gone down from my near 15hr a day monitoring for guest flights to visiting 3 times a day.

Our alliance was always fairly quiet, but ever since we decided to not concentrate on alliance flights until the problems are sorted, it's been deathly silent - one comment (mine) in over a week.

I'd already decided to no longer use real money for the game in protest of the blatant allowance of cheating, but I don't see the gameplay issues being resolved any time soon, so am questionning whether it's worth my effort.

Is it just me?
I have times where I feel like I'm burning out on the game - I am playing 3 games full time (2 alliances). I seem to have solved the "alliance flights not counting" problem with my games, so I am enjoying the games a lot more right now. When I'm feeling down about the game (now that the cheaters are back again) or getting bored I do something different - QL flights, adventure flights, alliance map flights. Such a good feeling to get a new building, QLs, or Mystery Super Bonuses. (I sell the S3 planes)

I try to remember that I'm playing my own game with my own challenges. I rarely get anything in ranking, and our alliances are in the top 30-50, so p00p on the cheaters. They aren't hurting me - it's just sad to see them getting away with it. I do feel for the folks who are using up their resources trying to rank high, just to be shoved down by the likes of YDL. (first in all Condor flights last week).

[redacted]

You totally misinterpreted what I was trying to say. There’s nothing intended to be patronizing. People forget this is just a game, albeit one we can be very passionate about.

I’ve been pretty hard on GI in the past so I’m not towI got any line but I’m also trying to be fair to them

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Not my place to judge - but 15 hours a day doing anything sounds quite a lot. One might think that there has to be something good about the game that can grip our attention for that long - but I believe some elements can be addictive. There is no harm in seeking to rebalance. I think that is a healthy thing to do. And it sounds that you have arrived at precisely that conclusion by reducing your daily exposure to the game. I think you have already taken a good step towards balancing gameplay and your daily routine.

However you go forward I wish you well.
P

Echo those that say 15h days are strong - that’s more than double a full time job! Burnout is inevitable.

I’d say most players, me included go through stages where we really can’t be bothered, but there are times when we are also really into it. I’m in a bit of a lull at the moment as I’m resource hoarding for my next challenge - it essentially means I’m flyibg less, launching less, and developing support games which are dull. But I know that when I get to do my challenge in 2-3 weeks hopefully I will get some enthusiasm back for the game.

As for the cheaters, they annoy me too, but I have them on my friends list so I visit them for their Planetaria, and piggy back on their launches nice and cheap so I kinda feel like I’m getting something back from the b***ards.

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Ahhhhh...
To clarify, it's on in the background, while I'm at work, so I can keep an eye etc. I'm not actively watching it in place of work!
And when I'm at home, it's a passive activity while watching tv etc.

Think the alliance issue has annoyed me more than anything. You just look at the three tasks, and at our alliance activity, and think "What's the point?"

Ahhhhh...
To clarify, it's on in the background, while I'm at work, so I can keep an eye etc. I'm not actively watching it in place of work!

Think the alliance issue has annoyed me more than anything. You just look at the three tasks, and at our alliance activity, and think "What's the point?"
Why don't you just agree to aim at one task each. Get the first bonus, it gives you extra experience for everything else you do. Then don't worry about it. Ok there are funny things at the top, but you're not at the top, so don't let it hassle you. Then when you've don't your one task go and do something else as @crescent moon suggests. Doing other flights like adventure etc has the added bonus that it ups your passengers numbers but that's a secondary effect.

If that doesn't help, well, change alliance. Hate to suggest it as I was in the same alliance a while ago, but if it's not working change. But then you have to work out if you want to do alliance flights or not. There are alliances that only go for numbers not tasks.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
I have played many games over the years and got bored with them after a few month, but this game is just so addictive for me i have one been playing 18 month now. I am quite laid back and put up with issues, they are there yes they are reported and the majority get fixed at some point so i just do other stuff as there is nothing i can do about it until its fixed. Like @Davescharf says try looking for another alliance where there i no pressure, some weeks our goes for the 30% but mainly we just hit 10%.
I also believe this forum keeps me going as its full of great knowledge, great people.
I tend to ignore the ‘whinging’ threads, as i say above if a number report it it normally gets fixed.
I have only ever once got first place in a flight for a week and it was only at that stage i realised there was a reward. But in 18 months that was it, i fly what i want to fly where i want to fly and try to be a team member with my alliance friends. That’s it anything else is just a nice reward if it happens.

I have played many games over the years and got bored with them after a few month, but this game is just so addictive for me i have one been playing 18 month now. I am quite laid back and put up with issues, they are there yes they are reported and the majority get fixed at some point so i just do other stuff as there is nothing i can do about it until its fixed. Like @Davescharf says try looking for another alliance where there i no pressure, some weeks our goes for the 30% but mainly we just hit 10%.
I also believe this forum keeps me going as its full of great knowledge, great people.
I tend to ignore the ‘whinging’ threads, as i say above if a number report it it normally gets fixed.
I have only ever once got first place in a flight for a week and it was only at that stage i realised there was a reward. But in 18 months that was it, i fly what i want to fly where i want to fly and try to be a team member with my alliance friends. That’s it anything else is just a nice reward if it happens.
Couldn't have said it any better. It's been nearly 3 years for me. I like to complain and b***ch a bit, but never anything serious. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Ahhhhh...

I for one got what you were saying. I also hate being patronized - I've had it myself before lol:rolleyes::asshat:. You're a great member to this forum. This is a 'friendly' forum when things should be ok to be said without the fear of being made to look paranoid or to be made a mockery of etc. I also have it running in the background all the time (may look like 15 hours, but it so isn't). Go at your own pace my friend as those genuine peeps have said to you in their posts...do your own thing, behind you 100% :) ;)

Top Bottom