Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Cinema Films, DVD Films, DVD Boxsets, DVD TV Series

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I am not big fan for Antonio Banderas but some movies for him is watchable and good i saw few days back his new movie
Security (2017)

Some of his old movies is good to watch
The 33 (2015) true story

Many thanks for your post and the links.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Those of you who are into your science fiction films from the past, here are a few I would very much recommend for your viewing pleasure:

Planet of the Apes (1968), Fantastic Voyage (1966), The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957), Soylent Green (1973) and Forbidden Planet (1956)

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Those of you who are into your science fiction films from the past, here are a few I would very much recommend for your viewing pleasure:

Planet of the Apes (1968), Fantastic Voyage (1966), The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957), Soylent Green (1973) and Forbidden Planet (1956)

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
I did not see any one of them but i am not a fan of any Apes movies the oldest and latest i will check the others.
Thanks

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
048atjpq
Username
SSEnrich
I don't like modern TV series that much. I watched Orange is the new black a little bit. I like the drama and excitement, but the sex scenes makes me shake my head (are they small teenager girls all of them?). I liked to buy series in DVD. I don't do that anymore as quite noone does, but I have House, 24, LOST, Grey's Anatomy, Dexter and The new series seems weird and too degenrate for me. The best series were between 2000-2010. I have a little hope for Twin Peaks, but I have a feeling it will be nowhere near the fabulous original.

I went to the movies a little bit last fall. The last good films I saw were Suburra and Hacksaw Ridge (although Vince Vaughn is capable of annoying a rock).

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I don't like modern TV series that much. I watched Orange is the new black a little bit. I like the drama and excitement, but the sex scenes makes me shake my head (are they small teenager girls all of them?). I liked to buy series in DVD. I don't do that anymore as quite noone does, but I have House, 24, LOST, Grey's Anatomy, Dexter and The new series seems weird and too degenrate for me. The best series were between 2000-2010. I have a little hope for Twin Peaks, but I have a feeling it will be nowhere near the fabulous original.

I went to the movies a little bit last fall. The last good films I saw were Suburra and Hacksaw Ridge (although Vince Vaughn is capable of annoying a rock).

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
For those of you who enjoy your films more cerebral and thought provoking I would recommend the following few films, all made and released in the last few years. Films which have enjoyed a great deal of success both critical and commercial, when first released. Films which have gone on to be nominated for awards, winners of Oscar's and BAFTA's.

The Imitation Game - The Theory of Everything - Mr Turner - 12 Years A Slave - Gravity - Lincoln - The Artist - The King's Speech

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Every so often I like to re-visit a film, on DVD, having first watched the film at the cinema, or a DVD box set of a series first watched on Television etc.

My taste in films covers a broad spectrum of genres - westerns, back and white film noir, drama's, war films, science fiction, epic swords and sandels, comedy, classic cartoons, Jananese animation, slipstick, silent films, suspense thrillers, action movies, TV series etc.

During this week, in the late evenings, I chose to watch the first three films in the Bourne series. I must say, the three films stand up very well and zip along at the strong pace. You could take all three films and join them together, into one film, and it would be difficult to find where the joins were. Pleased with the first three films and the price paid for them.

I will make a decision with regards to the fourth and fifth, films in the series, at some point.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
If you are a cinema goer, then the film Dunkirk, recently released, is the one to watch. I have read many good reviews about the film, the cast and the director.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

If you are a cinema goer, then the film Dunkirk, recently released, is the one to watch. I have read many good reviews about the film, the cast and the director.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
I saw the trailer but really dont like it i saw similar movie before maybe this the reason that i dont like it
But now when i check it in:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/?ref_=inth_ov_tt
Maybe i will change my mind and today i will go to the cinema ;)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I saw the trailer but really dont like it i saw similar movie before maybe this the reason that i dont like it
But now when i check it in:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/?ref_=inth_ov_tt
Maybe i will change my mind and today i will go to the cinema ;)

The two films are very different, (the director, the cast, the technology involved in making the film, the pacing of the film, the dialogue etc.) although the subject matter is the same, one was made in 1958 and the other was made in 2017.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
Off to see it this afternoon, will let you know what I think! - I have heard mixed reviews too, depending on what you want from a film.

OK - so DUNKIRK - where do I start. AWESOME. But - depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a story and dialogue - not for you. If you want a romance or colourful story - not for you. This is REALLIFE. It follows 24 hours of wartime crisis, on the ground, in the English Channel and Dunkirk. It is the story of 400,000+ people, captured through the eyes of around 10 key characters. We don't see their back story or find out what happens after, but we watch the day unfold around them. Sometimes seeing the same key moment from 3 perspectives. Not a lot of dialogue as there wasn't any, this was pure terrifying survival. No dramatic blood and gore, just life as it was. VERY powerful, VERY thought provoking and VERY real. I suppose, as I am English, my father was 11 at the time of Dunkirk and remembers the war, and I have many s(most no longer with us) who have told me about shellshock and some of the horrors, that may be why it was so real (one of my Granddad's brothers could not be in a room with doors locked, and was terrified of loud bangs - I now see why).

You must see this film, it should be compulsory viewing at schools as we must never return to violence and meaningless death like the world wars brought.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
OK - so DUNKIRK - where do I start. AWESOME. But - depends on what you are looking for.

If you want a story and dialogue - not for you. If you want a romance or colourful story - not for you. This is REALLIFE. It follows 24 hours of wartime crisis, on the ground, in the English Channel and Dunkirk. It is the story of 400,000+ people, captured through the eyes of around 10 key characters. We don't see their back story or find out what happens after, but we watch the day unfold around them. Sometimes seeing the same key moment from 3 perspectives. Not a lot of dialogue as there wasn't any, this was pure terrifying survival. No dramatic blood and gore, just life as it was. VERY powerful, VERY thought provoking and VERY real. I suppose, as I am English, my father was 11 at the time of Dunkirk and remembers the war, and I have many s(most no longer with us) who have told me about shellshock and some of the horrors, that may be why it was so real (one of my Granddad's brothers could not be in a room with doors locked, and was terrified of loud bangs - I now see why).

You must see this film, it should be compulsory viewing at schools as we must never return to violence and meaningless death like the world wars brought.

Many thanks for your well written post - I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the film Dunkirk

There are two other films, both very different from each other, to keep an eye out for. The first film is Maudie (12A) and the second film is Final Portrait (15)

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom