Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Brainstorm: Increase Fuel Capacity

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think it's fair to say that all of us would love to increase our fuel capacity to recover more fuel in storage for our next set of flights. We had the addition of small and large oil refineries to increase fuel capacity. I don't mind the 1 unit of fuel per minute recovery, but the capacity is certainly lacking in terms of available fuel storage. Most of us have a capacity of 243 units, unless you paid 2000 greenies to increase the amount to 283. For the level of flying that most of us do, it's just not enough. What would you guys suggest would be great alternatives to increasing fuel capacity permanently? I was thinking maybe making a hard event and giving a building that increases your current storage by 50% (maybe a land oil rig that takes up 3x3 space). As your capacity grows, the oil rig makes your capacity 150% of what it would normally be. Wat do you guys think?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Diversify your airplanes with some that are long and short duration flights. That combined with rotating planes in and out of your reserve hangar will help.

I don't see G! changing the fuel without a drastically different new type of aircraft. There are already resources to increase fuel amount and how fast it is replenished.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Diversify your airplanes with some that are long and short duration flights. That combined with rotating planes in and out of your reserve hangar will help.

I don't see G! changing the fuel without a drastically different new type of aircraft. There are already resources to increase fuel amount and how fast it is replenished.
Fuel amount is refineries (permanent) and bottomless barrel (temporary), but recovery rate is only through bonuses. I agree about the diversification, but even that may not always work. With diversification, the recovery rate plays a much bigger role, as smaller aircraft will use less but more often throughout the day. If you only have large planes, you can send out a majority of them and use the time in-between to recover. However, with smaller flights in-between, you'll be constantly consuming fuel, which of course will hinder recovery efforts.
I'm not saying that it's currently impossible; we are flying everyday. Was just saying it would be nice if a little more cushion was provided for those willing to put in the work to achieve it

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
or
(y)
perhaps we could join in with friends and make multiple accounts and they can send fuel to us, which would put pressure on the game servers:cool:

mmmm.. perhaps your new idea could be something they have thought of:cigar:

:p

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
or
(y)
perhaps we could join in with friends and make multiple accounts and they can send fuel to us, which would put pressure on the game servers:cool:

Well yeah of course, but I save my fuel for map flights. I usually just wait until it replenishes when it comes to regular flights

or
(y)

Are you seriously suggesting that a few fuel rings are impacting the GI servers?? :rolleyes::stop:

The number of electrons being moved by FRs is .0001% of the data that got shoved through the system 18 months ago with 1000s of red launches going off every hour. We had launches taking less than a few minutes to fill and return, sometimes with >10 people on board. And then we’d go again. 20 launches an hour for a few hours. All day. Every day. The servers would have been running hot then, with that sort of activity requiring extremely fast information being passed amongst hundreds of users, all of it required to be absolutely lag free and time stamp critical.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
I think it's fair to say that all of us would love to increase our fuel capacity to recover more fuel in storage for our next set of flights. We had the addition of small and large oil refineries to increase fuel capacity. I don't mind the 1 unit of fuel per minute recovery, but the capacity is certainly lacking in terms of available fuel storage. Most of us have a capacity of 243 units, unless you paid 2000 greenies to increase the amount to 283. For the level of flying that most of us do, it's just not enough. What would you guys suggest would be great alternatives to increasing fuel capacity permanently? I was thinking maybe making a hard event and giving a building that increases your current storage by 50% (maybe a land oil rig that takes up 3x3 space). As your capacity grows, the oil rig makes your capacity 150% of what it would normally be. Wat do you guys think?

Why do you only have 243? Max pre level 3 is 250 then 290 with level 3 (for 2000 greens)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
All ideas to up the fuel limit are good! (y)
It would sure be nice. Thats the only reason I havent increased my fleet. I have 10 planes currently in hangars, but I can't fly all 10. I have to wait for one or two to be in repair. Makes no sense increasing fleet size under these current circumstances.

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
Apparently I've missed some key game play element, because my capacity is only 180, at level 75.
Upgrade:
Powerful Oil Refinery (Level 2) +30 Max Fuel cost 35 airport cash
Small Oil Refinery (Level 3) +30 Max Fuel cost 2000000 coins
180 +30 + 30 = 240 max fuel :woot:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
Apparently I've missed some key game play element, because my capacity is only 180, at level 75.
How do you function? :eek:
I barely keep the fleet in the sky with 243...much less 180. With my 246, I can only manage up to 9 planes. The 10th plane only comes onboard when 2 are in repair.

Top Bottom