Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Banned from Quest

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot
https://www.game-insight.com/en/site/terms

Using third-party software to manipulate the game/profile data falls under "exercise any fraudulent/illegal activity that may lead to change of features and parameters of the Services" part.
And there's "one account per device" rule, as well.
Hi Ivan,

Specifically in the UK you would have trouble legally enforcing the 'One account per device' clause in your T's & C's because its is ambiguous. Under UK Contract law (T &C's form part of the contract between you, the developers \ publishers) and us (the customer), ambiguity is a term used to describe situations in which the terms and of a contract have multiple definitions or refer to multiple subjects, in this case you are not specifically or explicitly specifying that a user can only use a single account on a single device, this is referred to as latent ambiguity.

A defendant (the customer) could argue that the situation led to the ambiguity existing was your T &C's being ambiguous and therefore the type of evidentiary basis that would be required to resolve this would in the 30 or so situations i have encountered this, force the judge to rule in the defendants favor as you cannot disambiguate between 'per device' or 'per account' as they are 2 separate entities.

Geek out over

So players who play multiple games are ok, as long as you play them separately - is that the rule? When I go to the windows store it says I can download it up to 10 times.

I wasnt aware you could play multiple games under the same userid, though it does make sense as to how people can rack up so many passengers (and presumably launch fuel) too.

Also @BobbinsPilot the Ts&Cs are based in the land where GI is based as the service provider, not you as the customer. You have no rights under UK law. Sorry.

If you buy something from China, USA, Europe or wherever, you are beholden to the laws of the state where the goods or service are being provided. They have no liability to you under any UK Law, but may do under their own. I can’t remember if GI is based in Russia, Lithuania or somewhere else, but you’ll need to consult an expert in their legal system.

Edit: [/ThreadDerail]

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I see your point, @BobbinsPilot. But since I'm not a lawyer and/or a legal GI representative on this forum or elsewhere, I'm obviously not qualified for this sort of discussion, and my quotes of the terms of use shouldn't be interpreted as a answer in a legal sense.

As I understand it myself, the terms of use in short come to "please, don't abuse our game rules either intentionally or unintentionally". Playing from three devices and getting 3x passenger counts under same profile (that's an example, I'm not pointing a finger at anyone here) using some sort of memory back-up definitely falls under intentionally gaining advantage over other players, as you can't do that accidentally using our in-game profile transfer feature.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
So players who play multiple games are ok, as long as you play them separately - is that the rule? When I go to the windows store it says I can download it up to 10 times.

Support accounts that are played separately have been used by players since neighbors/gifts were originally introduced many years ago. We don't have problem with it, as long as those are different games — each with its own progression, stats, buildings, etc.

BobbinsPilot

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mxmo3
Username
BobbinsPilot

I wasnt aware you could play multiple games under the same userid, though it does make sense as to how people can rack up so many passengers (and presumably launch fuel) too.

Also @BobbinsPilot the Ts&Cs are based in the land where GI is based as the service provider, not you as the customer. You have no rights under UK law. Sorry.

If you buy something from China, USA, Europe or wherever, you are beholden to the laws of the state where the goods or service are being provided. They have no liability to you under any UK Law, but may do under their own. I can’t remember if GI is based in Russia, Lithuania or somewhere else, but you’ll need to consult an expert in their legal system.

Edit: [/ThreadDerail]
Your premise is correct, however from a legal stand point you are incorrect, it does not matter what country \ state the company are domiciled in.

The Brussels convention (for which the UK are still bound by) confers under contract law (this is what we are dealing with here and my field of expertise) in Article 5 section 1 the jurisdiction in contract cases on the courts of the Member State where under the contract, the services were provided or should have been provided.

In this case the member state is the UK and the service is the game provided by GI.

It would be incredibly difficult to get a Russian company to attend a UK court to answer any case however it is important to note that the statute to do it is there.

Liam Dobczinski

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m94l4v
Username
THE_BEST_QL
I see your point, @BobbinsPilot. But since I'm not a lawyer and/or a legal GI representative on this forum or elsewhere, I'm obviously not qualified for this sort of discussion, and my quotes of the terms of use shouldn't be interpreted as a answer in a legal sense.

As I understand it myself, the terms of use in short come to "please, don't abuse our game rules either intentionally or unintentionally". Playing from three devices and getting 3x passenger counts under same profile (that's an example, I'm not pointing a finger at anyone here) using some sort of memory back-up definitely falls under intentionally gaining advantage over other players, as you can't do that accidentally using our in-game profile transfer feature.
But my 2nd game has version 5.6.12, means i dont have any Ranking or Events...
So thats still a problem ??

Greetings

Liam

Last edited:

Mate

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lfkhvk
Username
Mate
Support accounts that are played separately have been used by players since neighbors/gifts were originally introduced many years ago. We don't have problem with it, as long as those are different games — each with its own progression, stats, buildings, etc.
so, players which cloned there acount, some years ago, (it was easy, only change google play acount and you become new code = new game) (today not go)
and today play with 2 different games are legal ???
same like 100 limit, same like 6/10 planetarium....
this game not have same rules for all!
i dont break the Ts & Cs.
@AJ
this i never write what you say (Thinking of player's now, Pay to cheat is ok to do :D) but remember how many player change their profile pickture in Undertaker and write stop the scammer, so 2 years ago!
your acounts is not legal, build with bugs and backup like many others in top 100 but with free ticket from G with greenes gifts for reported other playes
so please dont judge about others !
look 1st in your house

Matbja

1500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5y9sx
Username
Matbja
As a relatively new player I watch this thread with curiousity - Im from the FPS- and MMORP-scene and this is the first time ever Ive seen a game that actually discriminates players solely due to the date when they started to play (of course experienced players have advantages in skill but normally not in the game mechanics). As long as there are competition in the game, the same rules, and mechanics, should stand for all.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Im from the FPS- and MMORP-scene and this is the first time ever Ive seen a game that actually discriminates players solely due to the date when they started to play (of course experienced players have advantages in skill but normally not in the game mechanics)
This is different game, There's very less skill requirement and more re$ource$ requirement, It's for casual player's, FPS games are for Competitive player's mainly I guess. Players playing for long will definitely have way more resources and advantage in this game. In other games, resources are like cosmetic advantages, They don't affect the competition. I advocate that AC can move somwheat in that direction by giving out plane skins, custom avatars, Building skins etc to Paying customers or change competition in such a way that all(majority) player's have to win on the basis of skills and planning. But I don't expect any of this :D

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I am really impressed with the #1 Alliance this week, coming from 54th place last week and hitting nice round passenger numbers is really an accomplishment.

46343945_1870953536286930_5037125953847820288_n.jpg

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I am really impressed with the #1 Alliance this week, coming from 54th place last week and hitting nice round passenger numbers is really an accomplishment.

46343945_1870953536286930_5037125953847820288_n.jpg

I am not taking sides but I was curious to about ales passenger count so I took a look at his city.

he is flying a mixture of 13 condors and s3 condors.

Over a 3 day period, he can actually gain these numbers as 13 condors flying racks up approx. 10, 000 passengers. Depending on how often he flies, it maybe possible.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I am not taking sides but I was curious to about ales passenger count so I took a look at his city.

he is flying a mixture of 13 condors and s3 condors.

Over a 3 day period, he can actually gain these numbers as 13 condors flying racks up approx. 10, 000 passengers. Depending on how often he flies, it maybe possible.

Perfectly reasonable. I wonder why he doesn't appear to be in the Top 5 for any of the Condor destinations though?

I'm always stunned seeing it is possible to fly 1.000.000 pax in one day.
even having condors which carries 750 pax per flight...

1333 flights a day, 55 per hour (thinking that one flight at this level should be accelerated, mean 180 fuel per flight, so 240.000 fuel a day...
He may have a lot of barels in its warehouse (not speaking of the Pax).

To propose a possible explanation: i'm sure the excavation map does not appears in the ranking.
It is maybe the same thing for space reward destination, so it could explain why he is hidden in rankings...

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
And there's "one account per device" rule, as well.

It seems GI is strict with the rules and no alt accounts... That made me wonder, would you be in trouble if you used a VM on your device using another account?
Clarity would be helpful as on Windows it's perfectly possible to have multiple user accounts on a desktop PC, all running independent copies of the game with different profiles that can easily be defined as in breach of the "one account per device rule", despite only one being playable at a time and being independent. Yes it's an edge case but GI should pay attention to it as it's a legit way to breach a rule that's questionably defined. And while I haven't done it, Android also supports multiple user accounts with different Google accounts - again it's an edge case, but imho a legal minefield unless this is changed.

The 10 times is for up to 10 devices that are logged in to your Microsoft Account on supported devices. All of my desktop, tablet, laptop and phone all run Win10 and count as 4 of the 10 installs - I lose an install as my Xbox counts as one of the up to 10 installs but clearly doesn't run Airport City. Based on previous comments, I can run a different friend code on each if I want to. What I can't do is run the same userid/friend code on multiple devices, which is admittedly very easy to do on Windows as copying the user data folder with game data is pretty easy if you know where to look.

I've started 5 support games over the last 3 years though tbh some of the more recent changes have made them less useful than before - that and the 100 item limit restricts progress to the point that there's no point going any further with them. All on different devices with different friend codes.

But my 2nd game has version 5.6.12, means i dont have any Ranking or Events...
So thats still a problem ??

Greetings

Liam

Guessing you're on Windows 8 - that's the latest version of the game for that platform and it's unsupported. That's intended behaviour if you're on Win8, not a problem.

javi

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Javi+ items needed
I got the same problem last monday, I was in titanium league and was sent to copper league. At that time I thought it was a glitch until I read this thread.
In fact I transfered the game beginning of november to another device which was more convenient for me. I was very careful as I wanted to avoid any corruption, so the old device was always switch off after the transfer and even de-install the game.

so the Ivan's warning is very restrictive and GI can ban you just by transferring game using other ways than google play.

@liam I understand your ranking was reset, but then you could compete from the bronze league, right?

Clarity would be helpful as on Windows it's perfectly possible to have multiple user accounts on a desktop PC, all running independent copies of the game with different profiles that can easily be defined as in breach of the "one account per device rule", despite only one being playable at a time and being independent. Yes it's an edge case but GI should pay attention to it as it's a legit way to breach a rule that's questionably defined. And while I haven't done it, Android also supports multiple user accounts with different Google accounts - again it's an edge case, but imho a legal minefield unless this is changed.
GI has always treated windows version as another “mobile” version, while in fact it has some sensible differences. Mobile phones and tablets aren’t designed to be shared, home PCs are...

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer

Clarity would be helpful as on Windows it's perfectly possible to have multiple user accounts on a desktop PC, all running independent copies of the game with different profiles that can easily be defined as in breach of the despite only one being playable at a time and being independent. Yes it's an edge case but GI should pay attention to it as it's a legit way to breach a rule that's questionably defined. And while I haven't done it, Android also supports multiple user accounts with different Google accounts - again it's an edge case, but imho a legal minefield unless this is changed.

How is that and "edge case"? GI's Terms and Conditions of use are very clear "you agree not to use the Services in order to.... create more than one account per device". That seems crystal clear to me.

If it is against GI's T&C's it isn't legit.

If the clause is rational is an entirely different question. As is GI's right to decide if they wish to enforce it now or in the future, or simply have it there to potentially use when other violations are found.

To use Ivan's grocery store analogy, Walmart may have 1,000 packs of special offer corn flakes on the shelf, but if a term of the offer is "limited to three per customer", you can only legitimately buy three. Windows Store or Google Play etc. may allow you to install multiple copies of the game, but its in breach of the T&C's if its on one device.

Last edited:
Top Bottom