Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Back To School Event

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Maybe I'm dumb or stupid but I don't quite get why people are chasing one or two steel chests.
That f10 is very useful if you dont want to use the f20, and each chest item is the equivalent of getting a collection item from an adventure building. The fuel additive you can use also comes in handy. It's one of those things that can help a bit, but only if you have the time and patience.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I don't think in my titanium league there's a big gap among the players... the first has today a little bit more than 16k, the 10th has 14,5k and it goes smoothly down towards the last one with 8,5k in the 104th.
Interesting. Looks like it may indeed be the Platinum league that is controlling the points thresholds for all the leagues below it

Maybe I'm dumb or stupid but I don't quite get why people are chasing one or two steel chests.
Ok so one of my pet hates in written English is tautology - in this case saying stupid and dumb when they mean the same thing and you can easily delete one and still convey the message.

But actually on topic and away from being a grammar nazi...I’m in titanium and plan to stay there for my three chests per day. I don’t care about the fuel and even less the silver token, but the collections chests are like having adventure buildings.

I know your game is pretty well developed, but for those at an earlier stage of the game, these are a great was to make progress on collections. 14 day event, three chests per day...it’s a good thing.

You can call me stupid, or dumb for thinking that, but please not both. :)

Anyone care to share their current rankings in the event league? Curious as to how many are in the upper leagues of gold, titanium, and platinum. Seems like getting to platinum is nearly impossible, and there are also rumors of auto guest plane clickers who collect flasks at staggering rates.

I was #9 in gold league at 4449 at last reset. I don't pay attention to flasks that's just what I've accumulated doing the quest and playing as a recreational player.

Ok so one of my pet hates in written English is tautology - in this case saying stupid and dumb when they mean the same thing and you can easily delete one and still convey the message.

But actually on topic and away from being a grammar nazi...I’m in titanium and plan to stay there for my three chests per day. I don’t care about the fuel and even less the silver token, but the collections chests are like having adventure buildings.

I know your game is pretty well developed, but for those at an earlier stage of the game, these are a great was to make progress on collections. 14 day event, three chests per day...it’s a good thing.

Wasn't calling you either stupid or dumb, and they are different, I was calling myself stupid or dumb. You want to chase chests chase them. I only said I didn't understand why peope chase 1 chest, as thats the only difference between one league and the next. Keep chasing if it makes you happy.

How many people are there in your league that are not above level 75? Bet there's not many.

Aren’t dumb and stupid the same thing?

@A Merryflyer ... I’ll have the grilled salmon with a bottle of your best Chardonnay. (y)
Gees No. Go and use a dictionary; A paper one. Preferably bigger than the one you used to take to school!! Certainly not a computerised one.

Saved you the bother:

Dumb in an informal sense is someone who is slow to understand;
Stupid is someone lacking in common sense.

As you see not at all the same thing.

I think (emphasis on think) the point was more about the differences between 2 chests per day and 3 when you may need to consume other resources to make that jump.

Unlike most events (usually in Gold with brief stint in Titanium) I've been pretty high up in Titanium but that's because I've been off work for nearly two weeks. One thing I've noticed is that I'm consuming a lot more fuel these two weeks to keep getting those flasks. The trade off is different to everyone even if it is just one chest.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ay2qax
Username
Sampie
That's where it started. My guess is that they got relegated to the gold league.
gold is still a b
for 1or 2 i get your point,its faster to go for space flight to get silver coins. but tree is already a nice reward. For myself its e mix of getting the steel chests and collecting flasks for the buildings and other bonusses.

By the way; momently titanium league whit around 9000 flasks, 15 th place with nr 1 whit around 14500 flasks. And i cant see a lot of you other Guy's in the ranking either.

gold is still a b

for 1or 2 i get your point,its faster to go for space flight to get silver coins. but tree is already a nice reward. For myself its e mix of getting the steel chests and collecting flasks for the buildings and other bonusses.

By the way; momently titanium league whit around 9000 flasks, 15 th place with nr 1 whit around 14500 flasks. And i cant see a lot of you other Guy's in the ranking either.
Spend my fuel on other more achievable things. Dont chase 1 steel chest a day.

Spend my fuel on other more achievable things. Dont chase 1 steel chest a day.

You don't necessarily need to use fuel to get numbers just need plenty of free time to totally waste. :whistle:
As I said in a previous post just doing regular stuff never speeding up flights and landing guest planes
more than I usually do, I stayed near the top of titanium. Now having a lazy relative to land more guest
planes has moved me to around the middle of platinum. This again without using extra fuel. My fuel stock
is going up and actually plan on running a map or two this week.
But no I would not waste fuel on this as there are definitely better uses. But everyone has their
own view and none are incorrect just adifferent strategy like many things in this game.
I currently have 324 steel chests which have been accumulating so evidently I'm not to concerned
about them as they just sit there. :cool:

I forgot to mention the great cheat Mitlain is now 2nd in platinum coming from out of
no where in just a few hours.......typical. o_O

You don't necessarily need to use fuel to get numbers just need plenty of free time to totally waste. :whistle:
As I said in a previous post just doing regular stuff never speeding up flights and landing guest planes
more than I usually do, I stayed near the top of titanium. Now having a lazy relative to land more guest
planes has moved me to around the middle of platinum. This again without using extra fuel. My fuel stock
But no I would not waste fuel on this as there are definitely better uses. But everyone has their
own view and none are incorrect just adifferent strategy like many things in this game.
I currently have 324 steel chests which have been accumulating so evidently I'm not to concerned

I forgot to mention the great cheat Mitlain is now 2nd in platinum coming from out of

But, but...he supposedly changed his ways

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

I'm really surprised that people are using fuel to maintain league status. Haven't used a drop of fuel in this event. Steel chests are just a luxury; not a necessity. Just fly, click my universities, and land guest planes.

I'm really surprised that people are using fuel to maintain league status. Haven't used a drop of fuel in this event. Steel chests are just a luxury; not a necessity. Just fly, click my universities, and land guest planes.
Well, G! likes people to spend "money" for reaching goals (most people like to have goals to fulfil). So they only need to tickle this instinct. Easy. But those, who follow it, please, I am not targeting you for doing it.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, G! likes people to spend "money" for reaching goals (most people like to have goals to fulfil). So they only need to tickle this instinct. Easy. But those, who follow it, please, I am not targeting you for doing it.
But this is one of those times where it really isnt necessary. Now to get to platinum, absolutely.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
But this is one of those times where it really isnt necessary. Now to get to platinum, absolutely.
If you are near to finishing in the top of platinum league, I can image you would spend a few barrels of fuel to maintain position. I mean, the reward for top 3 of the event leagues is really worth it (with top-25 not being too bad also). And to get at that position, you would probably also have to spend some fuel early on as well. But as soon as you're lower down the ladder, it's just not worth the additional effort. I guess that's also why there is hardly any movement in the gold / titanium leagues: People in those leagues aren't going to get anywhere near platinum, while the guys that do have a chance for top-ratings will probably spend a few extra barrels of fuel to maintain or conquer position...

What would really help GI's case is to, like for the platinum-ladder, also put an additional end-of-event price on each titanium / gold / silver ladder-rating: Top-10 get's a golden chest or something. That would maybe motivate people to move up their current ladder even though they don't have any chance for platinum anymore.

Top Bottom