Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Alliance (Purple) Map awarding event

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Although it is fairly easy for anyone on the this forum to secure a spot in a Top 100 Alliance, it must be fairly challenging for the vast majority of players who do not use this forum.

With a maximum of 2,000 players (platform dependent) being awarded Alliance maps each week, I think it would open the game up a bit, and make things more interesting for a wide range of players if there was an event where Alliance Maps were awarded.

There are many ways this could be done, but I think an interesting way would be if you could choose a random map for say PPD, TP, J, D, PD in the same way as we choose MSB, MSB1, MSB2... for some recent events.

Last edited:

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Although it is fairly easy for anyone on the this forum to secure a spot in a Top 100 Alliance, it must be fairly challenging for the vast majority of players who do not use this forum.

With a maximum of 2,000 players (platform dependent) being awarded Alliance maps each week, I think it would open the game up a bit, and make things more interesting for a wide range of players if there was an event where Alliance Maps were awarded.

There are many ways this could be done, but I think an interesting way would be if you could choose a random map for say PPD, TP, J, D, PD in the same way as we choose MSB, MSB1, MSB2... for some recent events.

I fully support your view and would take it a step further.

All event rewards are either coin or passenger generating buildings. I posted a reply in the 6.19 update thread suggesting it was time to consider other features on the event reward building. Map generating buildings was not one of my suggestions- but that would definitely be more interesting, and could be linked to more difficult events.

Having said that, I do feel that earning alliance maps is not that difficult,you simply need to join an alliance with good communication. It takes time to build the resources to make the most of flying alliance maps and it is an appropriate target for players later in their game. But offering a map generating building as a reward for an event or even just offering a single map as a reward, is an excellent idea. (y)

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I disagree. Alliance maps were introduced as an extra challenge for the organized top tier players, just like the space maps and adventure maps once were (without the orginized-part). They should stay that way until the next challenge.
Finishing them and the extra alliance task destinations is a long process that requires a lot of preparation. The fact you have to be good and organized to get them and be even better to finish them is something the game desperately needs at the high end.
Devs always speak of balancing the game. I find that the balance mostly tilts towards the low end...

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I disagree. Alliance maps were introduced as an extra challenge for the orginized top tier players, just like the space maps and adventure maps once were (without the orginized-part). They should stay that way until the next challenge.
Finishing them is a long process that requires a lot of preparation. The fact you have to be good to get them and be even better to finish them is something the game desperately needs at the high end.
Devs always speak of balancing the game. I find that the balance mostly tilts towards the low end...

It isn't clear to me how opening up Alliance Maps to players who are not in Top 100 Alliances, would impact a player in a Top 100 Alliance? I am pretty sure I am stupidly missing your point.

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
It isn't clear to me how opening up Alliance Maps to players who are not in Top 100 Alliances, would impact a player in a Top 100 Alliance? I am pretty sure I am stupidly missing your point.

If I may hazard a guess, he might mean that in order to earn a place in top 100 alliances, the members need to plan, communicate, and spend time/resources to complete alliance tasks and fly passengers. If alliance maps were to be made accessible by all players, it makes the efforts of top 100 alliances less worthwhile.

Last edited:

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
It isn't clear to me how opening up Alliance Maps to players who are not in Top 100 Alliances, would impact a player in a Top 100 Alliance?

Opening up the maps outside the top 100 doesn't affect the upper half of the board. It does lower the alliance standards and marginalize the value of the maps.
Devs never marginalized any of the time-based maps. On the contrary: you can buy fewer adventure maps from Duke's than before and getting the prep for launching has become harder.

Devs also changed the progression system to get to the top 100, making it easier to get access to the maps. Top 20 gets three maps for at least one million passengers. Top 100 gets one map for not even 400k. Lowering those standards outside the top 100 means that you no longer need to really organize yourself and you can even fly on your own. Why even try for the top 100? Nothing wrong with a little competition.

They should expand the alliance rankings (200? 500?), like in other games, and give fitting rewards. F20, P10 and a Dice after burning thousands of units of fuel? Really?
Of course, keeping the maps where they belong, up high! ✨

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Opening up the maps outside the top 100 doesn't affect the upper half of the board. It does lower the alliance standards and marginalize the value of the maps.
Devs never marginalized any of the time-based maps. On the contrary: you can buy fewer adventure maps from Duke's than before and getting the prep for launching has become harder.

Devs also changed the progression system to get to the top 100, making it easier to get access to the maps. Top 20 gets three maps for at least one million passengers. Top 100 gets one map for not even 400k. Lowering those standards outside the top 100 means that you no longer need to really organize yourself and you can even fly on your own. Why even try for the top 100? Nothing wrong with a little competition.

They should expand the alliance rankings (200? 500?), like in other games, and give fitting rewards. F20, P10 and a Dice after burning thousands of units of fuel? Really?
Of course, keeping the maps where they belong, up high! ✨

OK, I understand. I think "competition" is the key word in our different thinking's. I see the game as a personal strategic challenge not a competitive game. Others see it competitively.

If you see the game competitively, then it would make sense that you would want to restrict some rewards to the higher performing players.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Competition is the difference between one alliance map reward and four or even twelve alliance maps. That's not my point. Competition is a side effect of the difference in rewards.

You're actually proving my point, @A Merryflyer . :) Airport City ís a personal strategic challenge. And that works for adventure maps. The difference here is that we're dealing with alliances. Teamwork. To have access to those maps, which are a personal strategic challenge, you need to get organized. A group of flyers need to work together to get themselves into a position to get those maps. Either going for pax or going for tasks to grow (to go for pax later) or both.
Exclusive rewards given for good teamwork shouldn't be marginalized so that solo flyers could achieve them by themselves. The emphasis, thus the rewards, should go to high quality teamwork. Enter the top 100...

Top Bottom