Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City HD v2.07 Just Released

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Will update and post results on this iOS update.
  1. On my gifter game, total population jumped from 350 to 654. I guess this is the update that includes commercial building population into the total.
    • Even though I've been flying to Cyprus at least 15 times a day, the counter on the world map still has me listed as zero flights. That bug hasn't been fixed.
    • Neither has the "Neighbor is Away" bug
  2. My tomgreensmith game went from a population of 860 with a max of 860 to a population of 2,340 with a max of 860.
    • The world map counter has not been fixed
    • The "Neighbor is Away" bug has not been fixed
    • The game still crashes after I visit a neighbor and I have to reboot
Is there also an update for Android?
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith, is there a reason why we should do the update ?
(something positiv and new?)
flip123,
The only reason to update is to stay current with the game. There's bound to be new quests, levels and the like in the future; if you don't update, you'll have to remain where you are today with no possibility of advancement.
I think it's a terrible idea for GI to change the population rules. It will force most of us to sell residential and/or commercial buildings to fit within the new guidelines. But, like it or not, they make the rules.
Cheers,
Tom

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
greensmith
I also did update. It is really anoying to see how GI changing the game rules and policyes.

My game population goes up from 860/1600 to 2054/1600. I cannot build not a single cottage... Can we change the mayor...:)

It looks Terminal and Town hall will be possible to upgrade to Level 8 or even more. There is button Update already prepared, but of course, nothing happened. Hope at least Town Hall population will go up to the max i reached now. 150 or 200 more is not enough.

I also find out that probably new plane will be released. On Runway Level 5 description is listed "For Jumbos and Giant Jets". Wondering, what kind of Giant Jets will be. Maybe new Airbus with 800 passengers onboard...

Otherwise game works fine, no technical improvements like GI promised in update description. But we are aware of GI promises: they said all the glitches, errors and bugs are "new technical improvements". Yeah, right...

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
pwcmvj
Username
pwcmvj
Will update and post results on this iOS update.
  1. On my gifter game, total population jumped from 350 to 654. I guess this is the update that includes commercial building population into the total.
    • Even though I've been flying to Cyprus at least 15 times a day, the counter on the world map still has me listed as zero flights. That bug hasn't been fixed.
    • Neither has the "Neighbor is Away" bug
  2. My tomgreensmith game went from a population of 860 with a max of 860 to a population of 2,340 with a max of 860.
    • The world map counter has not been fixed
    • The "Neighbor is Away" bug has not been fixed
    • The game still crashes after I visit a neighbor and I have to reboot
Is there also an update for Android?
Cheers,
Tom
So it's not just me! Your description of our situation is perfect. Now we just have to convince GI that there really is a problem. I've been trying for weeks.

Good luck trying to convince GI of anything. They are still limiting countless iOS users accused of cheating, which a majority of them never did cheat. They have not fixed the neighbor away problem. The have not fixed the world map counter bug. They continue to lie and say the next update will fix the problem and all the update does is cause more problems!!! All GI wants is our money - they could care less about the players.

Why are we still playing this clearly flawed game???

Wow, I just updated my two lower level games with the latest iOS update and what a joke!!!! For both of those games, that are not very far along, I am over the population limit. For any level 40 players out there, the new update is an ABSOLUTE waste. I can see why the Android players were pi**ed with this update. There is no way that I am going to update my main game with this version. GI has wrongfully banned me anyway, so unless they reverse the ban or fix one of the countless issues - the neighbor away problem, why would a high level player update? I may be currently limited with what I can do now, but to not be able to build ANYTHING else without deleting something first, no thanks. Nobody can visit me anyway and I can still visit and receive gifts. So unless they finally fix the game, I guess I will stay in the current version. Too bad, GI really knew how to screw up a great game!!!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Blackcloud said this on another thread:
Most people know my feelings about this issue and the creation of over built cities. I did not have a major problem in deleting buildings, I destroyed mostly low yielding passenger buildings, about 10 1x1 and commercial buildings. I did not have a dense city and I can tell you that it is possible to do the Ancients missions without lots of passenger buildings.
I suggest we just all take a breath a develop strategies to deal with the limitations. It took me a while to figure out how to best fly 9 Jumbos and that is part of the fun/strategy of this game otherwise it can become too easy and repetitive. Play the game at your own pace, it is only the time limited special quests, which unfortunately is becoming more a repeat of previous years, and you will enjoy or be challenged by this game again.

I agree. By changing the population rules, GI has, in effect, rebooted the game. They have made it even more challenging. Is that a bad thing? No!
Why do we play this game? We know it's buggy. We know GI wants us to spend greenies. We know their tech support is a joke. But we still play on. Why?
Because we love a challenge! As I say in my signature, "If it's easy ... anybody can do it." Playing this game has rarely been easy. But if we could make it through the "username" fiasco, we can make it through this.
We can deal with it. We will need to be patient and creative, as Blackcloud said, but we can deal with it.
Play on, neighbors!
Tom

greensmith - I hear what you are saying and I, like you, continue to play. However, GI makes it VERY difficult to continue to play when every update does not do what they have promised us for months now. Also, I don't know if any of your games are blocked, but it tends to make one very bitter for being accused of something you did NOT do. I know of many players that are blocked specifically for the time travel cheat that don't even know how to use it, like me. It is very frustrating when GI continues to "flip the script" on us knowing we have no recourse!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Hi greensmith,

I also like the challenge, but with a game were you have all the normal stars, you are blocked for gifting, you have to launch alone, you must pay 1 greenie for each flight in the hope you get a map because the duke is blocked and you have to beg for gifts (which I am not going to do), and all of this because I earned greenies with their bug. I did NOT timetravel.... And now I have to delete half my city...

I am loosing interest because of it, in this game I don't see a nice challenge anymore. I see frustration of all the things GI excluded me from. Maybe level 8 with new buildings and new flights gives a challenge so I am not deleting the game (yet) but I am thinking of stop playing this game for the next few weeks/months

I agree with you if you are not blocked, then it is a challenge. I am doing my best to get piramids as quickly as possible on Jpjpjp2 so I don't have to delete half the city, but with a blocked game the fun is gone when you finish you regular stars.......

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith - I hear what you are saying and I, like you, continue to play. However, GI makes it VERY difficult to continue to play when every update does not do what they have promised us for months now. Also, I don't know if any of your games are blocked, but it tends to make one very bitter for being accused of something you did NOT do. I know of many players that are blocked specifically for the time travel cheat that don't even know how to use it, like me. It is very frustrating when GI continues to "flip the script" on us knowing we have no recourse!

LAX,
I understand your frustration. My tomgreensmith game bought 96 greenies during a 300% sale ... and instead of giving me 96 greenies, the game gave me 1,070. Then GI blocked that game, accusing me of cheating. Luckily, I take screen shots before and after any major move. It took two weeks, but they finally gave me a code to restore my blocked game. Unfortunately, I lost all my neighbors and couldn't get most of them back. A few months ago, I flew to Boston to visit my son. I put my Waverly huff game into Airplane Mode while flying and played the non-social parts of the game. On the stopover in Dallas/Fort Worth I went off Airplane Mode and played more. Once I got to Boston, I opened the game and couldn't get any fuel or coins or passengers; I got the dreaded "time traveler" message. I opened a ticket explaining what I had done and, while it took a few days, they finally unblocked me. I do know how the time traveler cheat works; once you realize most of the game is resident on your device, it's pretty simple to figure it out. I don't use it because I like the challenge of playing the game straight. And because the penalty is severe.
The only recourse we have is to give the game a one-star rating at the App Store and/or open a ticket with GI and explain the problems you are having. If enough people do it, maybe they will make positive changes. It will probably take a long time and cause even more frustration, but the only other option is to quit the game. That time may come for me in the future, but now right now.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afhuyqy
Username
mikket
Okay good to read here that people have the same problem. Or well.. its not good...

My population went to 1460 while 860 is my max. Now i can't place the buildings for my Santa quest... What a joke. Can't complete the quest, can't build anything. I got a lot of expansions but can't fill them. Great =(

I just found more info:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/about-population-issue.4915/page-2

:(

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I think I found a way around the population max problem. I deleted buildings until I was under the 360 maximum at 304. Then I started building two Multi-Level Buildings, a Mansion, four Flower Shops and three Car Dealerships all at once:
Before JPEG.jpg

When they built I had a population of 492/360:
After JPEG.jpg

Yes, if you want to add a new reward building you have to delete, then rebuild. But at least it's an option.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
yes greensmith, it is a short term solution. I found out friday and put a post somewhere to find out someone beat me and already posted it on thursday

The problem is a lot is not for sale because they are quest related (brazillian cottage and villa, romantic cafe etc on passenger side)(campsite, post office, farmer market, universities, etc on commercial side) so if you delete the wrong buildings you still can't rebuild.....

Top Bottom