Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash Event - Well done GIS

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I am just completing my first year I have generally been left completely cold by the "Events" that have appeared. I usually just ignore them, and was going to ignore Ash of Ash too. So what changed?
  • Genuine daily bonuses for those playing the event.
  • Completing flights to progress in the event all counted as pax for the alliance benefit.
  • Lots of extra Stars for completing volcano flights.
  • By completing certain "normal" flights, you could complete the Cold War collections and earn a genuinely useful item - the Jumbo Ranger.
  • The Jumbo Ranger not only speeds up flights by 20%, but it is repaired without spending greenies. I reckon its a classic aircraft.
  • Marshmallows anyone? I found a lot of use for the Fuel Bonus and the Bowl of Riches used sensibly gave me lots of extra collection items (I once completed 5 Cold War collections from landing 6 aircraft!).
  • For the first time in 8 months I stopped visiting neighbours for Planetarium items and went chopping burnt trees instead.
  • It looked really difficult at the start, then half way through I realised I was going to complete the event with ease, and saw the potential to get lots of Jumbo Rangers to upgrade my aircraft fleet - that kept me playing on after completing the event itself.
  • Even those who have 1000 stars, played AC since the Dawn of Time, and have more Airport Cash than a Bullion van, must have seen some challenges from playing the event (anyone actually get all the available stars flying to the volcanic destinations?).
  • The different leagues gave lots of players the chance to be "Top" without having to shift 1,000,000 passengers an hour.
  • Is this the first event that actually had something for everyone, irrespective of their level in the game?
Dear GIS - more like this please?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
All the events since the Thanksgiving event have been doable. The drop rates were fair, and if you fully commit to the event, you are guaranteed to finish. This is how an event should be; not this "complete it next year" nonsense that was the norm of past events. Especially that event rewards are now changing annually, it's important that an event is doable even for the newest player. Agree with @andy8758 that in the events department, GI has certainly delivered.

Agreed on just about everything. I completed the main objective on about day 4, but kept ploughing through trying to three-star destinations, getting jumbo rangers (8) and generally enjoyed the event. There were a lot of different objectives to do in this event, and the “marshmallow currency” was great.

Gotta say I think GI has made many positive changes over the last couple of months, most notably the new repair items for someone like me that is now flying more giant/falcon planes.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I agree... One question.. I did many cold war collections, only got 1 jumbo ranger... did you get multiples?

Good event guys! -t
I got four Jumbo Rangers - a lot of thanks to using Bowl of Riches 3 times. I still have a lot of Jumbo stars to complete (mainly thanks to 100 item limit!) and I had 6 Jumbos in my fleet - so replacing four with the Rangers is making a major difference.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Cold War collection??? Jumbo Ranger plane??? I played the event, got some new buildings and a belly full of marshmallows - but I never heard of those things. I may have missed it - but a set of instructions, in good English, would have been really helpful. Otherwise I'm floundering in the dark....

If I missed that because I wasn't paying attention then..... mea culpa!
P

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Cold War collection??? Jumbo Ranger plane??? I played the event, got some new buildings and a belly full of marshmallows - but I never heard of those things. I may have missed it - but a set of instructions, in good English, would have been really helpful. Otherwise I'm floundering in the dark....

P

Lol Pete, being in this forum is so useful for helping me get the most from these games - the thread on the event ran to 17 pages, but so much info in there. You should try it sometime :ROFLMAO:

P
You need to do the side task.. it walks you through the game.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Lol Pete, being in this forum is so useful for helping me get the most from these games - the thread on the event ran to 17 pages, but so much info in there. You should try it sometime :ROFLMAO:

17 pages. I think that's my point. Maybe in my next life..... Yes, of course, without the Forum I would find playing very difficult and I acknowledge its value. I have no problem in saying that.

:eek:

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
You need to do the side task.. it walks you through the game.

Side task? The thing where we had to do something different every day? I managed to complete that. No hidden Jumbo Ranger in there..... (well.., not one that I could see.....).

:D

Maybe I need to pay more attention.......
P

Side task? The thing where we had to do something different every day? I managed to complete that. No hidden Jumbo Ranger in there..... (well.., not one that I could see.....).

:D

Maybe I need to pay more attention.......
P
Must have been lost in translation! It was completing cold war collection, which was drops from destinations like Bali, los Angeles etc. But 10 times for a plane.
Next event send me a pm if you dont get it. What's your native language Dutch? I'll get my husband to translate for you!

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
17 pages. I think that's my point. Maybe in my next life..... Yes, of course, without the Forum I would find playing very difficult and I acknowledge its value. I have no problem in saying that.

:eek:

I had to ask my lovely Forum friends tbh Pete about the Cold War and Jumbo Ranger's...otherwise I wouldn't have been none the wiser either :bag:

Top Bottom