Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows After the update to 6.1.5

Nightfish

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03txcuwp
Username
nightfish
Since I was able to send/receive gifts and visit neighbours after the update, I thought space launch will also be ok but I couldn't be more wrong. It takes ages to open the menu. Although I'm on IOS, I thought I should share the status on my game too. Hope they will release a second update soon.

D

Deleted member 5399

It's been 7 hours and 20 minutes since my last post here. I have gone back to ANF4-6 and made attempts to play those games in a normal sense.
Still cannot send, receive gifts, visit or do launches. Trying to visit anyone other than Madeline only gets a result of a white screen forcing me to close the game.
And as someone else stated it is pointless to send off planes to any alliance related destinations if part of a team because no one can contribute to the team effort.

It's been 7 hours and 20 minutes since my last post here. I have gone back to ANF4-6 and made attempts to play those games in a normal sense.
Still cannot send, receive gifts, visit or do launches. Trying to visit anyone other than Madeline only gets a result of a white screen forcing me to close the game.
And as someone else stated it is pointless to send off planes to any alliance related destinations if part of a team because no one can contribute to the team effort.
I couldn't play my main game or support game all morning, although I could play my alliance support game. I finally got gifts out by frequent visits to Madlen and by closing and reopening the game. I had about a 30 second to 1 minute delay on visiting neighbors, and I lost 2 launches. :( Then all of a sudden things started responding and I was able to launch and add points without having to close the game. But it's getting really sluggish again - guess I was good for about 2 hours. Alliance flights seem to be counted as long as the timer is showing on the Weekly Alliance Mission.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
I couldn't play my main game or support game all morning, although I could play my alliance support game. I finally got gifts out by frequent visits to Madlen and by closing and reopening the game. I had about a 30 second to 1 minute delay on visiting neighbors, and I lost 2 launches. :( Then all of a sudden things started responding and I was able to launch and add points without having to close the game. But it's getting really sluggish again - guess I was good for about 2 hours. Alliance flights seem to be counted as long as the timer is showing on the Weekly Alliance Mission.

I have found that the latency gets better about 2 hours before and 5 hours after the day resets ... Anything outside of that window, and I am barely able to accomplish any task requiring server connection.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
nterestingly it happenes not the whole time, but only in the evening in european time (server of gi is maybe in russia or somewhere near). So it looks like an owerflow of people at the same time.
Makes sense. My best time (morning) is when Europeans are asleep, afternoon bit slower is when Europeans are starting their mornings, and sluggish night time is when Europeans are back home from work. Maybe this game has HUGE following in Russia.

D

Deleted member 5399

Makes sense. My best time (morning) is when Europeans are asleep, afternoon bit slower is when Europeans are starting their mornings, and sluggish night time is when Europeans are back home from work. Maybe this game has HUGE following in Russia.

Maybe by combining all the platforms and the added popularity of the helicopters is truly adding a strain on the servers themselves.
Imagine the loads on Google when it first started gaining popularity. I'm sure they didn't have giant server farms in the beginning as they do now.
A game I played several years ago, as it gained more and more players ended up having to add more servers. Although the problem there was they had to do a complete shut down of the game to upgrade or add on servers.
And the more power you need for something the more servers are needed.
I recall years ago that SETI set up a link for the average home user to link their computers to theirs to boost the power in the search for lol :blackalien::greyalien::greyalien::greyalien:s.
What you would do is after you had your time on your computer, your off hours were devoted to the search instead of putting your system to sleep or shutting down.

So not that I am defending GI, since I still haven't heard from support; but they may be trying to figure out how to boost the power, without a complete overhaul.

Update - kind of
upload_2018-1-5_11-23-22.png

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04zpd754
Username
Silver
Thank you Benfly123.
I wait for a communication like this already many days just to don't waste time. Where you have found it?
Due to the fact that they doesn't react to any request on my ticket almost a week I was thinking about open a new one.... This communication arrived just in time. If they shared on their site or Facebook that they have issues when they start probably I didn't try to reinstall the app... Hopefully for the future they will be quicker to share this kind of info.

Thank you Benfly123.
I wait for a communication like this already many days just to don't waste time. Where you have found it?
Due to the fact that they doesn't react to any request on my ticket almost a week I was thinking about open a new one.... This communication arrived just in time. If they shared on their site or Facebook that they have issues when they start probably I didn't try to reinstall the app... Hopefully for the future they will be quicker to share this kind of info.
Found it on facebook.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wj0hsef
Username
waterlow
This is stupid, I am unable to visit neighbour, send items, collect items. They need to get there finger out.

What about the latest challenge it's now becoming impossible to finish it successfully.

Waterlow

Now I cannot get my bonus - these glitches are getting to common and making the game unplayable....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5399

It's everybody who is having issues. Affecting all platforms.
I just went into 3 different games and although I managed to send gifts from one, I could not collect from any, could not visit, etc.
Yes it really makes it difficult to retrieve gifts, as much is needed fuel or items for event.
And yet GI puts up a sale to BUY chests containing items for event collections or buy FUEL. WT!!!!!
NO way am I spending anymore of my money on this game.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
It's everybody who is having issues. Affecting all platforms.
Yes it is affecting everybody, but there is some variance in the way it is causing problems. My main game is on my iphone and it can be intensely annoying and slow, but with time I can move on - usually by closing and reopening the game (sometimes two or three times though). My fuel support game is on my windows PC at home and I have not had any problems at all with that - some slowness getting received gifts accepted, but thats all.

I think this is ultimately going to prove extremely expensive for GIS, and for that reason I suspect they may be focusing as much resource as practical to solving the problems. As Ken says - he aint buying nothing, and judging by the comments I have read in the last two weeks, a lot of other people have stopped their normal purchasing. After all, if you cannot enjoy playing the game, you are definitely not going to spend any more money on it.

Top Bottom