Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

A little big tweaking

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
Intro.
The funny thing is that I'm not frustrated much with fixed helpful bugs, lost event hangars, eternal cheaters and extremely hard challenges. It's poor balance that bothers me greatly. The poor balance between tasks and instruments. E.g. newly introduced weather troubles have countermeasures, okay, but new hard tasks are supposed to be confronted with the same old bunch of power-ups and a lake of fuel. There should be new stuff, new ways, new approach. And old ones should be updated as well.

1. The ancient Fuel Station should be tweaked according to modern needs.
3 fuel points / 10 coins / 10 min - okay
10 fuel points / 80 coins / 1 hr - okay
20 fuel points / 250 coins / 4 hrs
50 fuel points / 600 coins / 8 hrs

2. Duty Free is so hopelessly obsolete I'm not sure it's needed at all
Instead of exchanging F20, flight items and other important stuff wasting them on DF items? No.
If it is to stay I'd raised coins x3 and halved the contract time and added some coins related items to win (like Weather Station does).

3. Introducing Alliance Office was a half success. The ability to buy any time S2 Planes, SM Bonus and Reserve Hangar 2 is superb!!! The bitter part is about resource accumulating buildings that gather coins and passengers around. The idea is terrific! But the implementation is simply terrible. Who in his right mind would pay tokens, golden tokens! to collect a few coins or passengers?! It must work passively without ridiculous contracts. The way they are now they're just useless junk. They should collect all the time until tapped.
UPD. Certainly there must be a time limit to that, e.g., 1 day. This would make city planning much more interesting. People would aim to buy those booths and upgrades, spend precious tokens with great interest.

4. Alliance Missions prizes - Towers of Eiffel and London. They are so hard to get that they MUST be at least useful not to say extremely powerful.
Please, I beg GI to make them serious by improving their properties:
600 coins / 1 day / +25% coins range 2 -> 600 coins / 12 hrs / +100% coins range 5
Even that isn't much but at least something.
The more important part is to make them drop items for a new collection to make Golden Dice, for example. Or Super Mystery Bonus. Or some new unique Diamond Dice (+200% or even 300% chance for collectible items).

5. The new Alliance tasks are really hard. Probably it's time to balance them with new tools. Like a Lost and Found Bonus (+50% to drop rate) made by a special new building (Lost Baggage Office). It would be great to improve Sky Captain bonus with +100% to collectible items 'cos now it works only on non-collectibles according to its description.
A new fuel bonus should be made as well. Like Super Secret Faucet +200% to fuel regeneration rate.
The new Bonuses can be get from Super Mystery Bonus or from special collections.
And keep them all cumulative.

Last edited:
Intro.
The funny thing is that I'm not frustrated much with fixed helpful bugs, lost event hangars, eternal cheaters and extremely hard challenges. It's poor balance that bothers me greatly. The poor balance between tasks and instruments. E.g. newly introduced weather troubles have countermeasures, okay, but new hard tasks are supposed to be confronted with the same old bunch of power-ups and a lake of fuel. There should be new stuff, new ways, new approach. And old ones should be updated as well.

1. The ancient Fuel Station should be tweaked according to modern needs.
3 fuel points / 10 coins / 10 min - okay
10 fuel points / 80 coins / 1 hr - okay
20 fuel points / 250 coins / 4 hrs
50 fuel points / 600 coins / 8 hrs

2. Duty Free is so hopelessly obsolete I'm not sure it's needed at all
Instead of exchanging F20, flight items and other important stuff wasting them on DF items? No.
If it is to stay I'd raised coins x3 and halved the contract time and added some coins related items to win (like Weather Station does).

3. Introducing Alliance Office was a half success. The ability to buy any time S2 Planes, SM Bonus and Reserve Hangar 2 is superb!!! The bitter part is about resource accumulating buildings that gather coins and passengers around. The idea is terrific! But the implementation is simply terrible. Who in his right mind would pay tokens, golden tokens! to collect a few coins or passengers must work passively without ridiculous contracts. The way they are now they're just useless junk. They should collect all the time until tapped.

4. Alliance Missions prizes - Towers of Eiffel and London. They are so hard to get that they MUST be at least useful not to say extremely powerful.
Please, I beg GI to make them serious by improving their properties:
600 coins / 1 day / +25% coins range 2 -> 600 coins / 12 hrs / +100% coins range 5
Even that isn't much but at least something.
The more important part is to make them drop items for a new collection to make Golden Dice, for example. Or Super Mystery Bonus. Or some new unique Diamond Dice (+200% or even 300% chance for collectible items).

5. The new Alliance tasks are really hard. Probably it's time to balance them with new tools. Like a Lost and Found Bonus (+50% to drop rate) make by a special new building (Lost Baggage Office). It would be great to improve Sky Captain bonus with normal +100% to collectible items 'cos now it works only on non-collectibles according to its description.
A new fuel bonus should be made as well. Like Super Secret Faucet +200% to fuel regeneration rate.
The new Bonuses can be get from Super Mystery Bonus or from special collections.
And keep them all cumulative.
Verry good point ,lets hope it reaches the ears off the G.I devellopers team .
I think most off these idees are not exagerated and to be considdered sinds the game has changed drasticly (difficulty) sinds last updates .
Some off the goals are unrealistic and almost impossible to achieve .
And maybe one small extra point is the gifting ;maybe in stead off 20 gifts dayly an upgrade to 30 ore even more.

I would like to add my 2 cents here since you brought up Alliance missions. Why can't they all be a NEW alliance destination instead of older ones we have already 3 starred? That would make flying those tasks much more enjoyable and we wouldn't be wasting resources on useless flights.

Since the new alliance destinations show up so seldom, what are the odds we would get the same destination again to continue with the "hardly ever" drop rate?

This game is suppose to be fun and I don't mind a challenge or even waiting for a building to be completed (I have lots of patience). It would just be nice to know that we will eventually get the building we have been working so hard on......in this lifetime.... :)

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
This game is suppose to be fun and I don't mind a challenge or even waiting for a building to be completed (I have lots of patience). It would just be nice to know that we will eventually get the building we have been working so hard on......in this lifetime.... :)
I agree that there must be more powerful tools to meet these new challenges.

Top Bottom