Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.8 update

This is another thing I don't like. Looks like I've got a bunch of neighbors who will receive fuel(20) from me if I hit send. But guess what - they're going to get pass(10), because I can't send fuel(20)!!
gifting.JPG

The problem for me is people who sent me gifts from their support game(s).
Since I return gift to their main game, their support game gifts will remain on the gift list and gets longer everyday.

I wonder how long the gift list can become.
Yes - same here

I think the max is 300 but Ivan did say the list of gifters we accept would clear each day on reset. From what I’m reading in here and other places it seems that some had problems yesterday. I only updated this morning so I won’t know how it works on mine until tonight’s reset

Yes - same here

I think the max is 300 but Ivan did say the list of gifters we accept would clear each day on reset. From what I’m reading in here and other places it seems that some had problems yesterday. I only updated this morning so I won’t know how it works on mine until tonight’s reset
It seems like it's not some who had problems, it's all! You will know tomorrow unless it's fixed today.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
am I the only one who dreads or gets stressed with every GI update? It's been almost a year since an update actually improved the game overall. (august 2017)

How about they properly check these "improvements". Instead of forcing some half assed update that ruins the game/player experience. I don't care and IDGAF if it takes another 3 months as long as it is WORKING. Why "improve" something that took them half a year to finally fix?(gifting) do they even think about the players when pushing these updates? or is it all about cosmetics and money making? do they even check or ask themselves if it works? would it make the experience better for players? is it really better than the previous system?

within hours of getting the update we immediately find all these bullsh*t bugs after every update! seriously doubt there is any testing done on this game. impossible they would miss something so fcked up like this new gifting system if they actually played the game even for just a couple of hours. unbelievable incompetence!

I feel like we are paying to be beta testers. instead of the norm where game developers compensate beta testers.

am I the only one who dreads or gets stressed with every GI update? It's been almost a year since an update actually improved the game overall. (august 2017)

How about they properly check these "improvements". Instead of forcing some half assed update that ruins the game/player experience. I don't care and IDGAF if it takes another 3 months as long as it is WORKING. Why "improve" something that took them half a year to finally fix?(gifting) do they even think about the players when pushing these updates? or is it all about cosmetics and money making? do they even check or ask themselves if it works? would it make the experience better for players? is it really better than the previous system?

within hours of getting the update we immediately find all these bullsh*t bugs after every update! seriously doubt there is any testing done on this game. impossible they would miss something so fcked up like this new gifting system if they actually played the game even for just a couple of hours. unbelievable incompetence!

I feel like we are paying to be beta testers. instead of the norm where game developers compensate beta testers.
As I posted earlier, I don't think they ever test before their release. I don't understand why they are such in hurry for their release. Most of the player will prefer to have properly playable game with delayed release than getting an update with full of bugs.
And I can't agree more to your last comment. They should pay us for being their beta testers!

As I posted earlier, I don't think they ever test before their release. I don't understand why they are such in hurry for their release. Most of the player will prefer to have properly playable game with delayed release than getting an update with full of bugs.
And I can't agree more to your last comment. They should pay us for being their beta testers!

The trouble is my local pub does not accept Greenies, :(:(:(

Regards
Harcourt

This bug (received gifts list) should be fixed in 24 to 48 hours already the code (script code) is there just they need to add its easy no need to try it.
All these years is there nothing change.
Now the questions is for how long we have to wait ? and how they forget to add it ? so there is a reason for that.

volly

150+ Star Club
Several thoughts here:
A) Is it me or is the redesign also meant to "break" bots? Think about it - if you can't send gifts from your support accounts to your master account - then you can't fly. Your only options are to burn through your supplies if you want to keep flying, hack the code to send gifts, or just don't. (Another option may exist but I'm not aware of it.)

B) This redesign thing they do every so often to the controls - WHY? It doesn't really improve game play UNLESS you add a control. They usually re-position the controls only. Having a coder do this cost money. Freetoplay has already said this in this very thread development cost money. So - why incur the expense if you have something working? I develop software myself and logic says to me normally you don't redesign a user interface unless you have a good reason to do it like it can't be seen correctly or it is confusing. Well, for this interface was not hard to see and it was not confusing so what do you have left? Could this be a developer just creating work for they have a personal taste on how it should look and thus create this mess?

C) Something else - How the hell did this mess get passed QA testing, a smoke test, regression testing, and acceptance testing? If I was their boss I would be pulling in that entire team and asking them this question. I know they are a small shop but this....there is something wrong here. I'm not in their shop so I can't see this first hand but I suspect there is one or more things happening here:
  1. Unrealistic deadlines set by management
  2. Management poorly leads the developer team - this could be any number of things here.
  3. High turnover developer rate - each time a new developer comes in - they have to waste a huge amount of time getting up to speed on the code.
  4. The testing team is NOT doing their job to a satisfactory level.
  5. Test results are being ignored.
  6. Testing is not being performed on real life devices - they are only using emulators. How many times have I heard - "It worked in the lab" then find out they didn't test on an actual device.
  7. The testing is being done by the developers themselves - if this is true then that is NOT good.
  8. Regression testing scope is poorly designed.
  9. If there is a testing server - is there some reason why there are not folks who could be testers for them - in exchange they would get stuff like free greenies each week for their normal account? It be a small price to pay for quality control and a better product.
FreetoPlay - don't take this the wrong way and think of it as an attack on Gi. It isn't. Look at it as having the problem identified so you know now what you are dealing with. Knowing is halve the battle.

It seems like it's not some who had problems, it's all! You will know tomorrow unless it's fixed today.
Yes but yesterday’s updates were Android and most of us on IOS only updated this morning

We all know somehow they screw up different platform releases in different ways somehow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Like the rest of you, I have no idea how they can not see the issues when they test - if they test at all.

There may well be a good reason for it, some way to block bots etc but GIs communication skills are as bad as their testing. If they said to us we have done this because of a reason at least then we would be able to understand their logic.

And like others have said - none of this is a criticism of Ivan, I for one am extremely pleased that he comes on here and updates us on projects etc.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
If you hold off with update because of a gift bug, I'd recommend updating now, because the fix will probably not come until next major update. This issue is certainly something we should have found prior to release, but it's not game breaking. If you have gifts that you've accepted but can't or don't want to send back there's a system now in place that auto clears them once a day, but of course we should've left you an option to clear them manually immediately.
I think you're underestimating how important the social aspect of this game is. Gifting daily and gifting accurately is _quite_ essential.
Removing of accepted gifts is necessary to track your daily 20 gifts progress, especially when people gift you from support accounts and you're supposed to send back to main.

Anyway, the change is quite bad. Second dimension only serves to create chaos on the screen. Change from 5 usable slots into 4 usable and 4 unusable (because second row doesn't fit on the screen) also cannot be called "improvement". It didn't really mattered for rarely used screens like shop, but gift screen is really important and used daily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom