Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.8 update

Just took update from google play store but something is wrong with incoming gift list.I don't have the option to delete gifts that I don't have to send back and when I send back a gift,neighbor still appears on gifting list
Same problem here. But overall, I really like the update. Especially the daily gift!!! Plus, the videos seem to be working better. I was lucky if I could get 1 or 2 videos a day, now I just got 5, after getting 2 earlier today.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Same problem here. But overall, I really like the update. Especially the daily gift!!! Plus, the videos seem to be working better. I was lucky if I could get 1 or 2 videos a day, now I just got 5, after getting 2 earlier today.

I think I'm going to hold off on updating until the gifting issue is sorted,.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
The new update, which Ivan talked about, sounded very interesting...……………..but i'm also holding off on updating
my 4 android-games, untill the gifting issue is solved or sorted out, as mentioned by some members.
Hopefully Ivan and his team come up with a solution shortly.

New discovery with this update: Ivan said "You can now start hunting for additional items needed for unique buildings right after you start the construction of them"

You can actually watch your videos while the building is being constructed instead of having to wait for construction to complete!

Also here a bug Free2Play
bug.jpg

2 more bugs:
In addition to only showing 12 gift recipients (mentioned by @Husam), they don't sort by alphabetical, alliance, favorite or active. And it is VERY hard to see the Zzzz of an inactive player.

When gathering collections, the collection box closes each time, and you have to scroll through to collect more of the same. Very, very time consuming! (maybe not a bug, but definitely a downgrade from how it was before.)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hi Ivan. Thanks for the heads up on the update. I just found it, but i have not applied it yet. I would like to make an observation (okay it's really a complaint, but observation sounds so much nicer). I created my own alliance and had my three secondary accounts join it so that I could get enough alliance points to go from level 1 to level 2. Why? Well I wanted the second reserve hanger. One can NEVER have enough planes in Airport City. I was disappointed to learn, after I got to alliance level 2, that I need both GOLD and Silver coins to be able to purchase the second reserve hanger. The way that alliances work I will never rank high enough to get any gold coins. I think it would be better for the reserve hanger to make it available with silver coins only, since you can get silver coins from space launches. This is just a suggestion on my part.

I am still running my secondary games to get 50% of my alliance flights targeted so that my alliance can continue to grow in levels. I'd like to mention that it is nearly impossible for my primary (level 77) game to meet any of the alliance flight targets because the number of flight target numbers are just too high. The secondary games are low enough (level 11 to level 30) such that the flight target numbers are low enough that 2 of the 3 targets can be completed within the time required. Thus by doing this my alliance will grow.

Thanks for listening,
Canadian Cowboy.

Hi Ivan. Thanks for the heads up on the update. I just found it, but i have not applied it yet. I would like to make an observation (okay it's really a complaint, but observation sounds so much nicer). I created my own alliance and had my three secondary accounts join it so that I could get enough alliance points to go from level 1 to level 2. Why? Well I wanted the second reserve hanger. One can NEVER have enough planes in Airport City. I was disappointed to learn, after I got to alliance level 2, that I need both GOLD and Silver coins to be able to purchase the second reserve hanger. The way that alliances work I will never rank high enough to get any gold coins. I think it would be better for the reserve hanger to make it available with silver coins only, since you can get silver coins from space launches. This is just a suggestion on my part.

I am still running my secondary games to get 50% of my alliance flights targeted so that my alliance can continue to grow in levels. I'd like to mention that it is nearly impossible for my primary (level 77) game to meet any of the alliance flight targets because the number of flight target numbers are just too high. The secondary games are low enough (level 11 to level 30) such that the flight target numbers are low enough that 2 of the 3 targets can be completed within the time required. Thus by doing this my alliance will grow.

Thanks for listening,
Canadian Cowboy.
May I make a suggestion? I haven't seen your airport, so I'm just flying off the cuff here, but a good way to get gold tokens is by doing adventure flights. You get a large bronze chest with each collection completed (1 gold token), and when you complete the first 5 collections, you will get a Golden Chest (3 gold tokens). Complete each collection 6 times, and you will get adventure buildings. That's a total of 48 gold tokens, just for completing each collection 6 times. You can also do red launches, complete the waterworld collection, and get gold tokens from those.

Just as a note - you don't get gold tokens from alliance rewards. :(

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
New discovery with this update: Ivan said "You can now start hunting for additional items needed for unique buildings right after you start the construction of them"

You can actually watch your videos while the building is being constructed instead of having to wait for construction to complete!
Whaaaaaat?! That's fantastic news

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey, there's really no need to mention me about every bug ;)

There's the ticket to support option open 24/7 and I'm reading all your feedback anyway, especially when we have a release and a chance of something going wrong is higher.

If you hold off with update because of a gift bug, I'd recommend updating now, because the fix will probably not come until next major update. This issue is certainly something we should have found prior to release, but it's not game breaking. If you have gifts that you've accepted but can't or don't want to send back there's a system now in place that auto clears them once a day, but of course we should've left you an option to clear them manually immediately.

On a side note, we're released the update for App Store yesterday as well, but there're some issues with it coming through. It could be out any minute now, but it's out of our hands. The Windows update is coming later tonight.

Hi Ivan. Thanks for the heads up on the update. I just found it, but i have not applied it yet. I would like to make an observation (okay it's really a complaint, but observation sounds so much nicer). I created my own alliance and had my three secondary accounts join it so that I could get enough alliance points to go from level 1 to level 2. Why? Well I wanted the second reserve hanger. One can NEVER have enough planes in Airport City. I was disappointed to learn, after I got to alliance level 2, that I need both GOLD and Silver coins to be able to purchase the second reserve hanger. The way that alliances work I will never rank high enough to get any gold coins. I think it would be better for the reserve hanger to make it available with silver coins only, since you can get silver coins from space launches.

Well, I think everyone here would prefer everything to be attainable with only coins and silver tokens. But some things that are luxury — and second reserve hangar is certainly a luxury for high level players that want to have a ton of planes simultaneously — should be either very hard to obtain for free or cost a lot. Because if everything is free and easy to obtain, we as developers will run out of business. Making monthly updates with new features is very expensive in terms of development: there are close to 30 people working on Airport City full time, and that doesn't include many part-time members like animation artists, FX artists, sound engineers, etc. Some features are being done for several months prior to being released. Essentially it's the players who run the game in the long run and pay all the bills for the show to go on, but as game designers we try to make it an enjoyable experience both for those who spend a lot of money and those who don't spend a dime, and that means creating some challenges.

Those challenges are the thin line that separates Airport City from countless free to play games that are long gone and forgotten.

Last edited:
Hey, there's really no need to mention me about every bug ;)

There's the ticket to support opiton open 24/7 and I'm reading all your feedback anyway, especially when we have a release and a chance of something going wrong is higher.

If you hold off with update because of a gift bug, I'd recommend updating now anyway, because the fix will probably not come until next major update. This issue is certainly something we should have found prior to release, but it's not game breaking. If you have gifts that you've accepted but can't or don't want to send back there's a system now in place that auto clears them once a day, but of course we should've left you an option to clear them manually immediately.

On a side note, we're released the update for App Store yesterday as well, but there're some issues with it coming through. It could be out any minute now, but it's out of our hands. The Windows update is coming later tonight.

Well, I think everyone here would prefer everything to be attainable with only coins and silver tokens. But some things that are luxury — and second reserve hangar is certainly a luxury for high level players that want to have a ton of planes simultaneously — should be either very hard to obtain for free or cost a lot. Because if everything is free and easy to obtain, we as developers will run out of business. Making monthly updates with new features is very expensive in terms of development: there are close to 30 people working on Airport City full time, and that doesn't include many part-time members like animation artists, FX artists, sound engineers, etc. Some features are being done for several months prior to being released. Essentially it's the players who run the game in the long run and pay all the bills for the show to go on, but as game designers we try to make it an enjoyable experience both for those who spend a lot of money and those who don't spend a dime, and that means creating some challenges.

Those challenges are the thin line that separates Airport City from countless free to play games that are long gone and forgotten.
The list rolling to the top after accepting each gift is a concept too?
It’s really annoying that you have to scroll back down to collect or reply the gift, especially when you can’t delete what you received!!

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
The list rolling to the top after accepting each gift is a concept too?
It’s really annoying that you have to scroll back down to collect or reply the gift, especially when you can’t delete what you received!!

We'll check and sort out all the bugs, and thanks to those who write them down here.

Top Bottom